FS: DELETED

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
n_o_s_21

FS: DELETED

Post by n_o_s_21 »

:!:
Last edited by n_o_s_21 on March 4th, 2005, 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Will,
I can't help but wonder where all the stereo and accessory items come from. Wreckers? Flea Markets? Lost and Found?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Everyone has a hobby, Yours seems like creating different mods that noone else has, mine is anything and everything to do with car audio, one of the major helpers of me finishing off my car has been buying and selling (and fixing, and trading, and installing) stereos. I've been interested in this stuff since I was 15, so almost 11 years, and a big chunk of my spending money comes from the profits. I always buy from stores/places of business, or take trades when someone is upgrading etc, I almost always get reciepts for the things I buy, and give them out to buyers who want one. Some people sell cars, I sell car audio.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Don't get offended, I was just curious.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

not offended, just wanted to clarify for everyone that I deal legit.
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

It is a general rule of the site to not allow commercial posts or advertisements without first coming to an agreement with myself.

As you may or may not be aware, MX-3.com is run from site donations, sponosr advertisement fees and money from my own pocket.

This would mean that your item sales for profits are going against the rules of the forums. :?
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

As you may or may not be aware, MX-3.com is run from site donations, sponosr advertisement fees and money from my own pocket.

This would mean that your item sales for profits are going against the rules of the forums.
This would mean that anyone selling anything, and making a profit would fit into this catagory also.

I will delete my posts if you aren't happy. my stuff is for sale on other forums too, so no problem.

I have recently purchaced a shifter boot and ebrake boot from Taras, I was under the impression (
-All pricing includes the donation to Mx-3.com as well as an equal donation to Mx-West.com
) that I was making a donation to you so you wouldn't have to shell out everything out of your pocket. I guess I was wrong. could you also please tell me where I could find the literature rgarding this?
Taras

Post by Taras »

Will,

In my experience on various forums it is a common practice to not allow any vendors or individuals involved in a semi-regular buying/selling activity to post their advertisements on a free public domain. On one of the forums I belong to you are not even allowed to post eBay auctions links.

Rules like that are designed to discourage individuals that sell for profit from exploiting a public forum to advertise for free. Someone is behind the making of the forum and takes time to organize, maintain, moderate and host the information. All of that takes a great deal of involvement, time and money. Thus donations are accepted and commercial adveritsements are reviewed on a one-on-one basis with a certain cost involved.

And odd sale is alright, but if I would go and sell parts that I buy form somewhere else, that would be considered a commercial activity. That is why we have agreed to make a donation from the sale of the shifter/brake boots. A typical GB arrangement.

There is no need for you to delete your advertisements, but due to a volume and a possible continuous nature of the sales, I would negotiate with Jeff for some kind of a mutually suitable agreement. I am sure it will not be difficult.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

sorry jeff. no more ads will be made
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

MX-3.com wrote:It is a general rule of the site to not allow commercial posts or advertisements without first coming to an agreement with myself.

This would mean that your item sales for profits are going against the rules of the forums. :?
Kinda sounds like a cross between pimping,and the government.
Taras

Post by Taras »

ratkon wrote: Kinda sounds like a cross between pimping,and the government.
And I am sure you are one of those people that want everything for free. Rule of Economics: There is no free "lunch", someone, somwhere has to pay for it. Think about it a bit more before you make the post like you did. You are on a free forum however, and post like yours can be considered like an act of peeing in your own CornFlakes. Hope you will understand.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Kokiriwave

Post by Kokiriwave »

true....

but what guidelines are you using to categories people selling stuff and making a profit, and merchants selling stuff and making a profit?

I realize the board is run by donations, but when did donations become mandatory? I thought they were voluntary, hence the word donation, not payment.

Just want to be clarifed.
I want MAZDASPEED!
MY WEBSITE:: http://kingmx.net
Taras

Post by Taras »

Buy and Sell forum is for individuals that have something to sell, something that they do not need or had kicking around. If an individual starts selling multiple items, frequently, or goes to a junk yard to pick up stuff to sell, then that individual could be considered a merchant. Merchants are not allowed to to flood the board with their for sale items. Unless, they have come to a specific agreement with the Forum Admin.

Donations are voluntary. Merchants do not make a donation, they pay to use this forum as their storefront. Seems fair to me.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Taras wrote:
ratkon wrote: Kinda sounds like a cross between pimping,and the government.
Think about it a bit more before you make the post like you did. .
Looking back on it now it does look offensive.The post was not meant to run down or offend anyone.It was my way of saying it seemed unfair to Nos,but hey,thats just me.Sorry to all.As far as me wanting a free ride,your way off base.I worked my a-- off all my life for everything I have.2004 roadking custom,2002 silverado,1994 gs.These I own outright.Not braggin,just damn proud of them.Bank and ex wife own the rest.And the cornflake thing, I hate when that happens.Again,sorry for my last post. :(
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Thanks Taras,

I've been super swamped this past week, and haven't had much time to reply to the topics here. I appreciate you taking care of this issue for me.

I don't have much more to add, as everything you've said seems to be the exact words out of my mouth.

I apologize if any of the members on this site do not agree with the rules but sometimes rules have to be made to make places a better place for everyone.

Donations are not mandatory, but are simply voluntary. If you think the site is worth a few bucks here and there, make a donation to help support it. If you don't think it is worth a few dollars out of your pocket once and a while, then don't donate, but also, please don't expect to come here and make money off of it.

If I wanted to make donations mandatory, I would charge a membership fee, and make the forums a private forums, not readable unless you were a paid member. (I have no intention, nor have I ever had the intention of doing that so don't worry.)
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”