Head ? ATTN: GRO

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dewthis

Head ? ATTN: GRO

Post by dewthis »

I bought a brand new set of heads(millinea) to put on my ze. The heads came with valves, springs, retainers and all. What else do I need to buy besides cams to have a new top end. I'm gonna pull the front valve cover to see what all I'm missing.

I'm pretty sure GRO is doing the same thing.
If anyone has rebuilt their heads could you give me a heads up?
Thanks Steve, BTW- I got a raw deal on the heads $200 shipped!
65 shot > V8
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

damn, i need a set of millenia heads, i got some killer cams but need some heads to rework, you lucky bastage :P maybe you can hook me up when you swap your heads :lol: other than the needed gaskets you should be fine i would think
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I could'nt believe the deal until they showed up today. When I get done with the swap I'll hit you up if you still need some heads. I'll also have some ZE cams for sale also. Gettin some mikeseli regrinds! :D
65 shot > V8
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

ZE heads don't impress me considering the highest N/A dyno number on ProbeTalk was put up with standard KLDE heads - but it did have KLZE intake manifold and cams. Those are more important.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

naw, i didn't remove the heads when I did my rebuild. I just removed the lifters & was messing with teh solid lifters I had & I put new FGS on both the cams.

If your heads have the valves and retainers and stuff...u can go ahead and install it now. You'll just have to swap your HLA lifters later which isn't hard. (i'm assuming you already have a klze right?)

While u have a spare set of heads, why not get the intake ports ported & exhaust ports ported/polished? Also a 3 or 5 angle valve job while ur at it.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I'm gonna get the intake and maybe the exhaust ported. I don't think a 3 or 5 angle job is worth the money. Look on PT dyno results and there is a gut with valve work done and he pulled about the same numbers as a stock de did.

Do the HLA's fill the "bucket" just under the cam?
I'm a rookie when it comes to internals.
65 shot > V8
Juans_93_MX3

Re: Head ? ATTN: GRO

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Anyone know how much HP/Torque Millinea heads add on a KLZE engine?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

0 because they are the same and if you could hit me up dewthis, that would be awsome
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

if you place de im gaskets over the ze intake ports they are almost the exact same size. it was supprised when i saw this. i wasnt very happy either. i spent 200 on a set of heads too. they are very close. the only real difference is that ones square and ones oval.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i also saw a post on PT comparing them and the combustion chamber on the KL-ZE heads seemed smaller

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”