How'd you get into customization??

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MarkMoore

How'd you get into customization??

Post by MarkMoore »

how'd people in here get into customizing their rides? i'd like to get into it, but it's all kind of intimidating, and i don't see a job at a body shop in my future? what are some good starting points and any other tips/pointers to becoming EXCELLENT with custom work?

IMO, customizing is waaaaay better than buying some aftermarket part and slapping it on your ride. i think i'd enjoy and get a lot more satisfaction out of making my mx unique and one of a kind, but have no clue where to start... i'm scared i'll mess up:(
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

watching auto shows helps where they show how to do stuff, makes you get ideas what to do with your own ride
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Show_MX

Post by Show_MX »

I got into by watching shows, seeing cars around and reading magazines.
From there, I went through pep boys etc buying the crap I thought would be cool....it wasn't LOL but that's what I thought at that time. Spent some time going to car shows and finding local shops that did engine, paint/body, stereo etc. From there, I just started going to these places to talk to the owners and what not. After a little while, I offered my time to help around the shop in exchange for learning a little. I've learned quite a bit about body work and custom stereos......kinda learned the engine stuff from friends and not a shop. Just find a local shop and offer help (sweeping, cleaning etc..) in exchange for experience.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

owning a car that has very little aftermarket support helps lol. i go to alot of car shows and seeing all the cool gadgets they have it inspires me.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

look at your car....

now what do you think sucks on it and how you can improve it?

go for it.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

easiest thing just start messing around with fiberglass (not on your ride at first) hell i started to learn fiberglassing on sub boxes after that you learn to make molds and then apply your nw found knowledge to your car i've just started on my own fiberglass hood and roof scoops
just be creative and not a poser like half the rice burning hondas around my city

Return to “Appearance”