KFZE in European Mx

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Sunjoy2

KFZE in European Mx

Post by Sunjoy2 »

Have a 93 Euro spec V6 Mx3 .. fitted KFZE Engine and ECU from 92 MX6 , kept my original Wiring loom leaving the EGR bits disconnected ... My Question is are the JDM Mx6 ECU's compatible with the Euro spec Looms ?

Tried to start the car but am getting no spark , Everything else seems ok . Tested Plugs , Leads, Disty , ECU ,Fuses and relays all good ... Starting to think there's a break in the loom somewhere .. has anyone had similar experiences ? Thanks
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have a KFZE ECU that will connect to the US harness. Im sure our harnesses are the same. Let me know if you need it.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

In late '93/early '94 the distributor changed, and the wiring of the 3 pin connector is different. This may be your problem, if you changed distributor. If you're still using the K8 distributor, it won't be an issue.

Maybe the KFZE ECU is defective. Try the K8 ECU, just to see if the engine will start.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Sunjoy2

Post by Sunjoy2 »

Thanks for your help :) , Am using the K8 Disty and KFZE ECU .. no joy , sold my K8 engine and ECU so i dont have the original ECU , tried a pre 93 KLDE ECU and a KFDE ECU and it did'ent work ..... :? .. I havent given up yet .. Will update as soon as i figure this one out .
Sunjoy2

Eureka

Post by Sunjoy2 »

Finally figured it out ... Had an earth problem which burned out some wires .. Hence no spark . Replaced damaged harness and fixed ground problem and guess what .... it fired first tip of the key ! :D .. have fitted a Xedos 9 intake manifold ( Curved neck ) inc throttle body and the car seem to run fine ..
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Gratz!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”