7th Annual West Coast MX-3 Meet

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

7th Annual West Coast MX-3 Meet

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Saturday June 25th, 2005 - 7th Annual West Coast MX-3 Meet. This meet is moving to Kelowna, BC. We have decided to shorten up the driving time for the guys from Calgary and Saskatoon. This also gives us the opportunity to explore this great Province of ours and meeting all the MX-3 owners in the surrounding area. There will be 3 departure days to Kelowna from the mainland. For those of you that want to spend a few days in Kelowna, 1st departure is on Thursday June 23 (mid-morning), 2nd on Friday June 24 (night) and 3rd on Saturday June 25 (morning). There will be a Tour Leader, a meeting place and time for each departure day. Most of the guys from Calgary will be in Kelowna on the 23rd. Those going a few days earlier, we will be meeting up with the Calgary & Saskatoon guys. There will be activities planned for the friday, possibably paintball, mini-golf, go-karting and so on. Dinner after the meet at a local restaurant. More details to come after James from the Calgary club and I meet up and do some scouting in Kelowna. Hope all of you guys can make it out for this event.

Location: City Park - 1600 Abbott Street, Kelowna, BC (Park located at the corner of Harvey Avenue & Abbott Street just as you come off the floating bridge. Take a left at the first light and your right there.)
Time: 10 am - 3 pm, Cruise around Kelowna to follow after the meet.
Dinner: Milestones @ Orchard Park Shopping Centre, 2271 Harvey Avenue.

7th Annual West Coast MX-3 Meet - Kelowna Map

Accomodations:

We have contacted Recreation Inn and discussed the group room rates with them. Because the number of out-of-town attendees is still unconfirmed at this time, the motel has given us a few stipulations to the group booking.

1. Recreation Inn has set aside 4 other rooms for the MX-West Car Club. The group room rates are as followed. We may even get a rate discount for more than 5 rooms. The motel will try to accommodate as many reservations as possible for MX-West Car Club.

Standard 1-bedroom (queen bed) - $65 cdn/night plus 17% taxes
Standard 2 bedroom (2 queen beds and 1 twin bed) - $79 cdn/night plus 17% taxes

2. Booking reservation cut-off date: June 1, 2005.
If any of the 4 other rooms are not booked by June 1, 2005 , they will be released from MX-West Car Club. As it gets closer to the Meet and the start of summer vacation, there may not be a lot of rooms left.

3. All MX-West members and non-members are responsible for booking their own room reservations with Recreation Inn. Since, we don't know which particular room that the members and non-members require, it will be up to themselves to advise the motel of their room choice. Also, at the time of booking, you are to advise the motel that they belong to the MX-West Car Club group booking.

Here's the link to Recreation Inn's contact page, http://www.recreationinn.com/contact.htm.

Another location for accommodations is at the Okanagan University College. It is locate about 10 minutes north of the city. They have very reasonable rates as well. Click on this link to view the Okanagan University Rate card.
Last edited by MX-West Car Club on April 29th, 2005, 2:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i hate you and your warm saltless loving weather ,... so jealous right now.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MX-West Car Club

Nice and sunny today. How's it out east. You should pack up your stuff and move out here if you don't mind the occasional rain. :P
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

We've had it pretty good in Calgary too this whole week. It's been around 10 to 15 Degrees C. I'm not complaining. I just hope we don't get a huge dump of snow in May like every other year.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Bling Bling

weather

Post by Bling Bling »

With our weather and the fact I'm painting my car, I'm sure it's going to dump snow. :cry:
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
MX-West Car Club

OK, we're 3 months away from this year's annual MX-3 meet. I think we need to start figuring out who will be heading to Kelowna for the meet. As you have all read this post, James and I will be meeting up in Kelowna in about 4 weeks from now. We need some numbers from all of you that will be attending the meet so we can try to get a good price break on hotel rooms. Please post your name, number of guest you will be bringing, and how many nights stay you require.

Attending:
1. Kevin + 1 guest, 3-4 nights
2. Taras only, 1-2 nights probably
3. Dan Sharpe, 2 nights
4. Clayton + 1 guest, 1 night
5. StacyW + 1 guest, staying in Penticton
6. James G +Tracy, staying at Aunt's
7. Justin O + 1 guest, 1 week
8. Josh + 1 guest, 2 nights
9. Dallas P + 1 guest, staying at friend's place
10. Mark K + 1 guest, staying at friends's place
Last edited by MX-West Car Club on April 17th, 2005, 4:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
sharpcadd

Post by sharpcadd »

Count me in alone for now, & I. have no clue how many nights I need. I'll be there just as long as Josh will be.
Dan Sharpe
'92 owner
mx-west member
Taras

Post by Taras »

Me and Kev were lonely there, so I added Dan.....
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Yeah, it was lonely for sometime there. Surprised James and the Calgary crew hasn't posted yet. I'm sure we can count Josh in. He's usually up for everything. Let's knock on wood that his tranny doesn't go out on him.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Bling Bling

7th Annual

Post by Bling Bling »

Count me in. I'll be coming up Thursday with the Calgary crew. I won't have any one with me but could change. Will stay 2 nights ( Thursday and Friday). Thanks.

Stacy W
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Hey Count me in. I am thinking 1 night (friday night). I want to contribute to the club so I am willing to get a hotel room if it is cheaper. However, I have a couple friends there. But I think I will just do a whole club thing.

Me plus one I think. My friend with a 300zx wants to come but he might be doing Cherry Harvest so it matters. Count me plus 1 for friday thou :)

Hopefully I can get the BP running so I can turbo it in 3 weeks.... errg...
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

Wom't be staying in Kelowna now. Mom-in-law said I could stay at her place in Penticton...where my oldest is. Thanks. Stacy.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Tracy and l will most likely stay at my aunt's place again in South Kelowna. Have you got any ideas on what location everyone will be staying at, Kevin or were you planning to check things out more when you and I meet up there Next week?
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
MX-West Car Club

I was thinking more of checking things out with the hotels when we meet up next weekend. Not much people have posted yet so it's kind of hard pin pointing an exact #. One my my hockey buddies to me to check with Holiday Inn, cause they give good discounts to large groups. I'll print out a list of hotels in the area. We'll have sit down over breakfast saturday morning and go over the list to see who we should try. I'll give you a call next thursday at work.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i will be there if i can get the weekend off, just started a new job. also if i have it back together, will try to post some pics later.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”