a story for you all

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
DavidOS

a story for you all

Post by DavidOS »

My Brakes by me

I went to canadian tire last week as it was the weekend just for a quick service. They ended up quoting me 1000 dollars for a rear caliper, all 4 corners pads and rotors to be replaced.

Needless to say i left and said ill do it myself.

I bought all the s--- they said was wrong rear calipers (as mine were seized, bought some ceramic pads, and all 4 rotors, i spent maybe 500 bucks total for everything with a 200$ return on the cores of the calipers)

went to shop got the calipers off.... what do ya know my rears arnt seized at all they are perfectly fine so i swaped the pads and rotors .... looks great.

Took off the fronts and what do ya know they were siezed .... those asseaters at canadian tire didnt tell me that. So i took the rears back got some fronts for only 66bucks each (STEAL) replaced rotors pads and fronts.

ok im happy about this... i look under the car at the chassis and the rails on the bottom are not straight ... what do you know the A$$$$holes at the body shop after i got hit in the a-- didnt straightn my s--- out.... LOOSERS

I looked in at the right struts and the wheel well walls have rust all over and probably need to be chopped and new sheet of metal welded in

i looked at the spring and what do you know its recall time its rusted through and snapped in 2 spots LOVLY.... so i called mazda for the free spring recall and replacement so im waiting to get that done...

ontop of all this im coming home from school tonight and i know i have to go back to the body shop cause they didnt fix the s--- up in the rear of the car still useless pricks.... all of a sudden i hear a GRINDING NOISE coming from the back right .... what do ya know my fECKING rear tie bar/sway bar is off and dragging on the ground....

what an peice of a-- s--- f--- crap puke day!!!

i still love my ZE for now
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

dang yo, that sux. Plus you made my virgin ears bleed with all the curse words. LOL
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

DavidOS, watch your language, I really don't think that was necessary.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i know how ya feel, i had a bodyshop screw me over not long ago even after they fixed it the second time.. it was a half a**ed job at that :(
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

on the subject of body shops: a reputable one near me. A lady backed out of her driveway, right into the passenger side rear of my mx3. She didn't even feel that she had pushed the metal in about 4 inches, no clue, till I knocked on her glass as she was pulling away. I ended up taking it to this shop, who I thought was the best. Looked great!
until I started seeing the untouched inner portions of what they had not fixed. My rear vent was broke, useless, and was letting exhaust gas pass into the car (bad for road trips). I had purchased the vent for them. I had a few holes patched (shaving the hood), only to see the bubbles their due to their use of bondo. I'm fixing these myself in an auto body class. and have found their work to be lacking.
Many shops just want to make things look good, leaving things halfway done. The moral is: look closely and be sure you're getting your money's worth.
Good luck dealing with the body shop, man.
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

my bad had to vent
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

::big sigh::
And my girlfriend wonders why I want to learn how to do everything-cars my self...?

Man, I don't even trust people to change my oil for me. Or unlock my doors with my key... I'll do it myself thankyou.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Body shops are awful. They don't take the time to do things right. It's just all about getting the job done as quickly as possible. Ive had to bring my cars to the body shop probably a 1/2 dozen times. Of those only once was my car done right the first time. I had a 99 miata with 15,000 miles on it and the body shop welded the bumper support a 1/2" to low!
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”