How to install civic projectors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
purewhitemp5

How to install civic projectors

Post by purewhitemp5 »

Is there a how to section on how to install projectors from a civic? :?: :lol:
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

i don't know if there's a particular section, but i'll be installing a set soon, based on what someone else tells me. i plan to take some nice big pictures of the steps. if you have questions, find someone who's already done it, like hgallegos or any of the others (i can't remember who all)
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

no, not yet (at least not to my knowledge).... this has been a fairly recent endeavor some are delving into... but, if you search through all the archives diligently, some one posted some really helpful pictures about the whole process and he even posted a movie online giving a panaramic view of the whole thing.... ask hgallegos815 (i think that's his username, if not, then look in this "Lighting" forum, he posts here a lot). he'll tell you about the whole thing, actually, he's agreed to do them for people who just don't feel like putting the work in... i know i asked him and he obliged to fit a pair for me--all for a very reasonable fee considering all the time he puts into these... i've been lagging though because i think if i were to ever get 'em, i'd get more satisfaction out of doin 'em myself... that's where i'm struggling w/ my decision
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I think the thread your talking about is here:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=37023

But unfortunately it looks like the coding hasn't migrated too well from the old board.

Maybe this can be fixed as it is a good description of the installation???
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

acctually, i was thinking about this and decided that i'm gonna do my best to help out. while i'm installing my set, i plan to take pictures of each step like i said. after i'm done, i plan to make a simple little web page to show the steps and describe them as best i can. it'll probably be up in a week or two i hope, the hard part is going to be finding time to both put in the lights and make the page, though neither should take very long. i'll put a link up when i get it.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Grants wrote:I think the thread your talking about is here:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=37023

But unfortunately it looks like the coding hasn't migrated too well from the old board.

Maybe this can be fixed as it is a good description of the installation???
I've fixed the formatting of that thread, all pictures should be loading normally now.

Thanks,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Well done Jeff - thats a good thread and Didlin put a lot of work into getting us that info
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

FAQ worthy???
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

On this site we have tried to collect as much useful information as possible on the civic projectors. The text is in dutch, but the pictures are pretty much self-explanatory.

http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=854
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

I would say so .....since it is asked so often :)
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i think so too jeff... lots of time went into these and they provide a lot of god info... these civic projectors are a great alternative for all the people that gripe about how ugly the stock headlights are
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

mx almere wrote:On this site we have tried to collect as much useful information as possible on the civic projectors. The text is in dutch, but the pictures are pretty much self-explanatory.

lol! i thought when you said "dutch" it was just some kind of online lingo that i didn't keep up w/... but no, really, it's in dutch!
purewhitemp5

Photos enlightning

Post by purewhitemp5 »

Thanks!! These photos are just what I was looking for! Now if I can get the play by play in english. Also can the bumper be trimmed to fit around the light in stead of trimming the bottom of the light?
GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se

Post by GoT_DaT_Mx3_Se »

ahhh this would be nice to do, especially since one of my headlights is broken now. i just dont want to cut my car. in the dutch "how to" cuts were only made to the light, but im thinking it looked kinda difficult. maybe i just need an english "how to". :? maybe i should just get a new mx-3 headlight. im not sure im up for all that modifying, but ive heard its not that difficult. some reassurance would be greatly appreciated :wink: someone that is willing take my money to make a pair for me would be even better :D
.: Lara :.
.: Special Edition :.
.: Raspberry Metallic :.
.: 1993 Mazda MX-3 V6 :.
.: Check it out http://www.cardomain.com/id/mahmx3 :.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

mx almere wrote:On this site we have tried to collect as much useful information as possible on the civic projectors. The text is in dutch, but the pictures are pretty much self-explanatory.

WoW.... just noticed that 5 pics from my cardomain page were on the Dutch site :D

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”