Anti-lock brake ?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Teal_93

Anti-lock brake ?

Post by Teal_93 »

Where is the light on the dash for the ABS. I belive I have ABS since I have a 60 amp fuse under the hood for ABS. I tried looking all over the dash but I don't see where it could be.

I know the ABS is not working as I've been driving on snow & ice here. Just need to figure out where to start looking.
tatsu

Post by tatsu »

If you have ABS, the indicator light is an amber light in the lower left corner of the instrument binnacle, next to the fuel guage. If you turn your key to the "On" position, you should see it. If you have no light, you most likely have no ABS! I noticed when shopping around for our GS that even non-ABS cars had the ABS fuse holder...

If you have ABS and it is working properly, it cycles the ABS every time you start the car, after the brake pedal is released for the first time - you will hear a "whirring" kind of noise.

If it is malfunctioning (E.G. bad sensor, etc.), the light will be on all the time.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

what makes you think it would have ABS, i have SE and it doesnt have ABS, when most of them did
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
DJ

Post by DJ »

ABS is for pussies anyways :wink:
Also i don't think my 94 GS has antilock either... ill have to look for the light when i get in.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Its easier to look under the hood. There is a aluminum block with about 8 zillion brake lines coming out of it if you have abs.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Well thanx for the help, I found I don't have ABS, I found out by checking the proportioning valve located on the firewall behind the engine.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm mine has been on forever... i dont care to fix it because well my car breaks normally LOL but well i wonder whats the difference...as in braking.. i dont even know where i would look to fix it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

In normal driving the abs not working will have no effect. Its when you go to do a panic stop that it will make a difference. The abs won't work and you'll lock up the brakes increasing your braking distance.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”