Need some help on Muffler decision

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Josh
Supporting Member

Need some help on Muffler decision

Post by Josh »

well im beginning the long process of the AWD swap as some of you know. im upgrading my turbo to a T3/T4E in the process, and im going with full 3" ss, w/ high flow cat, resionator and a muffler of course. i was thinking of the magnaflow. what do all of you think. i persionally havent heard one. i know its supposed to be a nice deep tone. but thats about it. any input would be very helpfull.
thanks

OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i'm definitely an advocate of the sleeper/anti-rice look. i went with a summit racing turbo muffler. i think the 3" model is about $20 or so. mine had a real nice sound to it. the best part, it looks factory. hell, i even spraypainted mine black to make it harder to see. really helps the sleeper look. i'm not a big fan of the big flashy mufflers. just my .02
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

magnaflows sound great... My g/f has one on her focus and you can bearly here it until you totally jump on it. Nice low tone. Ps, how you gonna fit 3" pipe over the rear axle when you do the awd setup?
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

im not up for things too ricy anymore, thats why i think im leaning more twards something like the magnaflow. its not as ricy as the coffie can i got on there now.

their wont be any clearance issues with the exaust. it will fit in almost the exact same place as it does now.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”