Rice...what is it...how can you tell...what should you do?

Off-Topic Discussions
93SOHC

Rice...what is it...how can you tell...what should you do?

Post by 93SOHC »

I've have decided to start a new topic in the wake of whats going on with the feud between us and a few honda tech guys. This is not meant to drag out the topic its meant as sort of a spin off of what started this all. I have owned a few "tuner" cars in my life and one of them in particular was refered to by a lot of people as "rice". It was a 1990 Subaru Legacy L. This particular car had a few things on it that other tuners did not like, so it was automatically deemed rice. I had small "APC" stickers on my side windows because I had put on an aluiminum apc adjustable touring wing and some apc foglights. I also had a NOS sticker on the back window, because indeed my car had a Nos fogger setup. This car, I felt was not "rice" because it had 1.) the power to back up the image with NOS and a jspec turbo motor w/ custom T3 setup. 2.)I felt that a few small stickers to represent what I had purchased for the car was not in bad taste.
The purpose of this thread is for people to express what they feel is "rice". It is not here for people to specifically bash someones ride, or to swear and call names. If people put some thought into what they feel is "rice" and post it here maturely, maybe we can help out some newbe tuners, so they don't get picked on as much or make a bad decision. I put over $7000 dollars into my Subaru and it was, and still is a great car( I sold it to a friend) and yet it still is considered rice, which makes me unhappy. I would also like to say that if Jeff feels this thread is getting out of hand or unnessecary at any time, PLEASE REMOVE IT! I just wanted to create a more cival way to talk about the subject. Thank You, Jay
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Rice is simply putting stuff on your car that makes it look ridiculously stupid.
Like sickers. Infact, some morons even put NOS stickers on their cars and their cars dont even have NOS. Even APC stickers qualify as rice. Whats so big about APC that is worth putting a APC sticker on your car? Infact, whats so cool about putting any sticker on a car?
Here is a quote I heard,
"Ricers have no brand loyalties, no taste, no direction, no guidance and certainly no common sense. Ignorance runs rampant among them and they usaually have two mods equivalent to an intake/exhaust combo and talk s--- about faster cars with every excuse in the book why their cars arent as fast but are better than said car. "
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I will have to agree with you Juan, apc does suck for the most part, but the touring wing I had actually did help at speeds over 80mph, so I guess thats why I decided to put a 3 inch apc sticker on my window. I will post a pic of my legacy on my website as soon as I can, so all the people that post on this thread can check it out and see if they think its ricey or not. It might be a day or two cause I gotta dig out some pics from the basement. Keep posting, lets see where this all goes...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

In no way is this post supposed to pick on the Honda Civic Owners, however here are some good examples of "Rice".

http://www.riceboypage.com/

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_migh ... er_if.html

http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/rice_boy.html

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=ric ... arch&meta=

Please remember however, everyone has a right to make there car look, the way they choose. If you don;t agree with some of these "rice" cars, don;t bash them, just have a little private chuckle about them.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Thanks for those links jeff, don't forget: http://www.beaterz.com
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

lol theres some "interesting" pics on those sites, although on that You_Might_Be_A_Ricer site, theres alot of things that dont even make sense.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

rice is when a car (any car) has a MASSIVE sticker anywhere that says what kind of car it is. dude, i know you have a hyundai.. why the need to advertize? :P
92 Autozam AZ3
Neil

Post by Neil »

http://lego.bldesign.org/models/?n=31

Good for a laugh on the topic of all the rice boy stuff.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Not to start up on this rice stuff again, but yesterday I saw a 98 stratus 4 door with a huge fiberglass wing that had Mazda logos on it.???I was like wtf! But it was like jeff said earlier I just had a good chuckle to myself and kept on drivin' Weird though... :shock:
cduBBz'915

Post by cduBBz'915 »

man i can put this all to a end! if any of those company's wanted to have a Sponsership with you.... all of you would(including myself) now that you would SLAP stickers on your ride!! even if it was APC. you would get so happy to get free stuff... "you be like aww what the hell, i'll slap about 2 or more stickers in the front to represent!!. :D LOL
(just to prove a point) if wrong PLEEEEEZEEEE let me know!
DJ

Post by DJ »

cduBBz'915 wrote:man i can put this all to a end! if any of those company's wanted to have a Sponsership with you.... all of you would(including myself) now that you would SLAP stickers on your ride!! even if it was APC. you would get so happy to get free stuff... "you be like aww what the hell, i'll slap about 2 or more stickers in the front to represent!!. :D LOL
(just to prove a point) if wrong PLEEEEEZEEEE let me know!
I wouldn't, just because they are going to give me a free fart pipe and shopping cart wing doesnt mean I would take it and put crappy stickers on my car.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

well a sponser would be different, if a company were sponsering me then without a doubt id put stickers on it lol.
ill admit it, i do have apc parts on my car. doesnt bother me at all. nobody calls it rice.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
PG13

Post by PG13 »

Here is an example of rice. Someone around here also has a red MX-3, but he has the words Precidia in bright yellow letters and about 4 times the font, and a large coffee can muffler.

Make it even better the idiot decided to break into a few houses over the last weekend and used his MX-3 to drive away, needless to say that the police had no trouble finding him :wink:
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

A guy here drives a black civic. He has a big sticker going down each side of his car that say CIVIC. He's got a fart can on it that sounds like a lawn mower, and he has lights around the outline of his liscense plate. All i can do is laugh every time i see it.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

fart can..huhuhuuhhuhuhuh heheheheheee

Return to “Off-Topic”