1992 GS with 2.5 swap for sale

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
eekthekat

1992 GS with 2.5 swap for sale

Post by eekthekat »

Okay guys I’ve decided to put this out there, I don’t really have the funds, the drive, or the time for my MX-3 anymore. Maybe there is a better home for her out there, I thought I'd give you guys a shot before advertising. I would really prefer to sell the car as a whole and if I can't, parting might be an option. I'm not really sure how much to ask but I have a rough idea as to what was put into her, make me a serious offer and I'll respond in kind. I really loved this car and I had a lot of big plans for her but life has decided to make things difficult and I could use the extra money so here goes.

She’s a 1992 Red Mazda MX-3 GS 5-speed w/2.5L engine. In case you don't already know, it has power windows, power door locks, automatic seatbelts, power moonroof, and black interior. I rear-ended someone a few years back so the hood and front bumper assembly have been replaced. Currently the front bumper is off the car and in storage. The original owner installed window tint when it was brand new so it's started to fade to purple. Currently it's not running, I think it's the fuel pump relay, but it does turn over. The car is well over ten years old now so there is normal wear and tear on the interior and the paint has started to fade.

I started the 2.5 swap in May of 2003 and pretty much stopped, due to funds and time, by October 2003

Engine
· MSD 6AL ignition installed and working
· MSD 8mm plug wires
· NGK plugs, though they may need to be replaced due to running rich
· Recently replaced O2 sensors with spliced Bosch's

2.5L" engine from a Probe that was completely overhauled (valve job, oil pump, vating, crank work, head check, etc.) by a local shop, Stones Performanc. While there it also had a valve job, all new gaskets, ZE pistons (purchased brand new from Mazda), and camshafts from Colt Cams installed. Before attempting the swap I installed a new water pump, timing belt/tensioner, and reconditioned the alternator. It also has a new ACT clutch and pressure plate mounted to the stock MX-3 flywheel. I have the stock Probe Intake manifold installed, just barely fit, with phenolic intake and throttle body spacers and a PRM filter.

Extras not on car
· Full Erebuni body kit style 47 w/ GTR style 605 wing, never installed, kept inside.
· Set of Hotshot headers designed for the Probe/MX6 V6, will work with our cars with little to no modification, never installed, kept inside in box.

Extras installed/partially installed

· 3 gauge pod cluster for auto seatbelts, not attached but in car.
· A/F gauge (Autometer) fitted and partially wired, not permanently attached.
· Oil pressure gauge (Autometer) fitted and partially wired, not permanently attached.
· Volt meter (Autometer) fitted and wired, not permanently attached.
· MOMO shift knob "F16 S Carbon" fitted but never got it on quite right, it's a little loose.
· MX-3 aluminum foot pedal covers, not installed still in box.
· Pacesetter adjustable short throw shifter.
· Magnaflow muffler w/3" chrome tip, 24" glasspack as resonator, and 2.25" cat-back back pipeing.
· 1.3" H&R lowering springs with KYB GR-2 struts, the springs have settled a bit lower than expected however, it's probably about time to replace the struts.
· Khumo tires with 75% tread on the stock 15" Enkie wheels.
· Rear mounted Optima red top battery.

Audio/Electrical

· 4 6.5" infinity reference speakers installed.
· 2 10" infinity reference subs in box installed.
· 1 Crunch amp
· Aiwa mp3 headunit
· Keyless entry, was installed when I got the car so I don't know much about it.

What's wrong

I stated before it doesn't currently run, I believe this to be the fuel pump relay but I cannot verify at present, it does get spark and turns over freely.
There is a coolant leak between the heads in one of the crossover pipes, I replaced the knock sensor recently and in doing so I messed up one of the O-rings on one of the pipes.
The front bumper is off the car and in good shape, it was removed so the car could be towed.
In the process of removing the old engine the AC condensor was punctured. It has since been removed along with most of the AC pipeing, however, the AC compressor is still installed.

That's all I can think of now, questions are welcome.

RC
'92 Red Mazda MX3 2.5
'98 Red Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 4x4
Robert Cook
chippedpaint

Post by chippedpaint »

so how much are you looking for? i live in SC too and i might be interested in getting some things if you decide to part it out...can you give me a price for the erebuni kit and the aluminum pedals, depending on where you are and if i can scrounge up some cash i may be able to come pick those up
sold my civic for my mx-3 and its the smartest thing i've ever done
MURDOC803

Post by MURDOC803 »

:shock: LOL HEY MAN IF YOU COULD GIVE A PRICE THAT WOULD HELP A LOT CUZ THE PRICE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE :D THANKS
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Parting out?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Thumbs Up

Post by Thumbs Up »

Seems like the car and motor are kinda fucked up..... I'd be willing to buy th e motor off you though. lemme know if thats a possibility.

Thanks
:D
* Stay Clean *
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

what part of sc you in? i could be very interested. i just totaled mine last week. but i will have to wait until i fidure out what the insureance people are going to do.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

if you part it out i am interested in the msd unit and wires.
RodbeyBur

Post by RodbeyBur »

How much for the whole car??
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

yeah how much you wanting for the whole car? when i settle my insurance settlement done i want another mx3
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”