Car TV

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Grants
BANNED Member

Car TV

Post by Grants »

Ok, who has a TV in their car?

Is there any tips anyone can give regarding antennas, signal booster, etc?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

I had a tv. Couple pics at: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/655730

If you are looking to get channels, you have to pick up a reciever box.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The receiver is built into the monitor, I've tested it at home connected to the house antenna and it works fine. The little antenna built into the monitor is pretty sus and I wouldn't think up to the job - at least not in the garage.

I've been told I need a diversity antenna and booster. If anyone knows much about this it would help a lot. Cheers.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I've got a Carputer in my car and yes i diversity antenna with at least a 15db booster is a must if you plan to watch while driving. I can use a pos antenna and pick up maybe 4 channels while standing still but reception turns to pooh when in motion.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Got the TV in with a diversity antenna and a 24 db booster. Works well so far.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I have a CarPC with a TV Tuner card...i have a clarion telescopic antenna which i use. I never watch TV or movies which driving (thats really stupid IMO) so it does a fine job when im parked, but what i want to do it splice it into the FM antenna so i don't need to have it handing around the back seat.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I got a diversity antenna thats mounted on each side of the windscreen. You only put them up to watch TV. They're wired through the firewall and behind the dash so they're a permanent fixture. I'll post some pics soon.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

i'd hold off on getting t.v because xm radio and sirrius are about a c--- hair away from full streaming video now thats sweet and something i feel is worth waiting for
lennis

Post by lennis »

I have just put up my prodject for show off. You find it in this section of the forum.

LEnnis
Mx-3 GS. CAI, dtm rear muffler, H&R spring with camber bolts. Painted interior, rebuilded front with gs lip and splitters. Real supra rear wing custom fitted almost done. blue homemade underkit neon, neon inside, glasfiber glovecompartment with the headunit in. XBOX + 7 inch screen .

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”