POLL: What's your next ride?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
rayrrod

POLL: What's your next ride?

Post by rayrrod »

OK OK I KNOW, Most of us will keep our MX-3s forever. So do not shoot me.

I have seen so many MX-3s sold this past year. Some just totaled.

Our cars are getting older, ie look at the post(Quick Sliver) about how our cars suck!, Too many repairs. Quick SLiver says "Man, iv'e come to the conclution that i hate the mx-3 gs. Why? It's insane how many parts i have replaced"

I say that's part of life, ie car getting old and parts wearing out. with that in mind, some ppl might decide to get rid of their rides like alot of others have done this past 2 years.

Some of the ppl getting rid of their MX-3s
1 Valocan
2 honeybabes retiring her as a winter car only
3 Sublime68-96
4 BANG-UP
5 CrazieMX3
6 mx3TT: Thats right, its my time. Cant stand spending my time on this thing and coming up with nothing. I have had it for a long time and but a BP in it and had it running and driving but now it wont do anything for me so thats it. No one wants to buy it whole so I guess its time to part it out.

7 Shady469: well i gotta new toy and need to get rid of the old mx-3. The new toy was born in 2003, sports WRC championship blue paint and a goofy hood scoop

8 custom101: Sadly after owning this car for 3 years I am now selling it after purchasing an Evolution VIII. I cannot afford to keep both cars

9 ocsoldier: MUST SELL HAVE NO ROOM AT HOUSE

1. Question, if you got rid of your MX-3, what car would you buy next?

note that Megan got a Status, Barry a RX-8??

Aain do not shoot me, I am keeping mine FOREVER esp since i found someone to do all my repairs for free. all i pay for is the parts.
Sam Baker

Re: POLL: What's your next ride?

Post by Sam Baker »

IF (a really big if) i sold the car for another.. theres no doubt, i would buy a skyline r33 gtr. :D but i plan on keeping the mx3 and putting the skyline on as my 2nd car, along with a gsxr600 :cool: ... this is my plan for the next 2-3 years
92 Autozam AZ3
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

keeping my car til i have a steady job & a good amount of money saved up (sorry, i think financing a car is the most retarded thing you can do when you are starting out)

I plan to buy a BMW of some kind. I'm basically set on that. If the 2-series kicks azz i might spring for it but right now the 3-series is looking like what i'll get. I might get the M3, but depends on how much it costs....60+ k for a car is a bit much but it all depends on the next generation 3-series.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I'm currently trying to overcome my recent obsession with the 323 GTR/GTX. LOL not made in this country but damn those look fun.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

95-98 240SX

Gotta be a Nissan

but i will always have my mx3
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i got too wait another 4 years for my car to be brought over if i get a new one, either a rx-7 or a skyline. the mx3 is nice though, would be hard to get rid of.
1993 White gs klze.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

might get a g35 or 2001 miata then turbo it
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I would only ever get rid of my MX if I found someone who'd appreciate it. Someday I will own a wrx/sti...someday!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Long term plans are to keep the MX3 as long as I can and get a 3rd gen RX7 as a weekend/track car. But as of right now the mx3 is being built into a beast for me to take over the SOLO 1 scene. :welder:
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

damn mazdubber! Great minds think alike!

Although my second unofficial second car is my parents 1990 Mazda 626 currently being used as a winter beater for the Mx-3, my second vehicle will be a truck, a 4x4 of some sort for some off-road fun, winter beater and pulling the Mx-3 to races.

But as a replacement to the Mx-3 will be an FD3S, either black or yellow (dark green isn't bad either). If all goes well and i get my tires/rims and suspension upgrade for late winter, early spring, i would like to get into Solo-II Modified next year, and even some car shows if the body and interior gets finished for the summer.

Ideally i would love to keep my Mx-3 next to an FD3S, FWD N/A Piston-Power and a RWD Turbo Wankel, they couldnt be anymore different

<small>[ December 17, 2004, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ill use the 2002 civic, not the funnest car, but its very nice and reliable.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
cooper_9

Post by cooper_9 »

i think my mx is on its last legs. unfortunatly i have little money cuz of school but if i pick up another car next summer it'll probly be a '99 or later cavalier Z24. plus i wanna go for a stick instead of the auto for next car.
Jay Cooper
92 Blue GS
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

lol ya same, i havnt had my mx3 very long, but im so fed up with its useless auto tranny.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

My next car will probably be something totally impractical lol.. I've had my eye on a 300zx or an MR2 for a while. If I can't locate one of those for a decent price in the next couple years, well.. I guess we'll see whats on the market at that point. Maybe a used rx-8 :love:
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

I will always keep my mx3 as a daily driver car as it is faster then rx8s and alot of cars out there and just fun to drive.

Beyond that my next car will be one of the following and not in order just depends whats available,
evo 8
sti
skyline r33/34 has to be vspec
or rx7 fd series
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”