UPDATE: no VICS BP

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

UPDATE: no VICS BP

Post by Shady469 »

well i just installed the ported manifold that i removed all the VICS hardware from. This initial driving impression was after just 5 min worth of driving. with that said it feels alot smoother. around 4k the exhaust completely changes tone (imagine vtec cross over on a d-series) and the motor begins to rev pretty rapidly from there on out. this was only a 2nd gear pull and the S-AFC showed the Vaf opening 98.5% which is 4% more than the VICS just being disabled and almost 10% more than when VICS was hooked up. This is also with a polished throttle body that i bypassed the coolant on. i also filled the hole on the #2 runner in the resonance chamber thing so the air is distributed evenly across all the cylinders.
I AM NOT RECOMMENDING DOING THIS, for the time being anyway. I dont want everyone to start messing with the manifolds and somebody blow thier stuff up. I'll test it out for a month and post with another update. it'll be interesting if it effects gas and so forth...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
torpedan

Re: UPDATE: no VICS BP

Post by torpedan »

Shady469 wrote:well i just installed the ported manifold that i removed all the VICS hardware from. This initial driving impression was after just 5 min worth of driving. with that said it feels alot smoother. around 4k the exhaust completely changes tone (imagine vtec cross over on a d-series) and the motor begins to rev pretty rapidly from there on out. this was only a 2nd gear pull and the S-AFC showed the Vaf opening 98.5% which is 4% more than the VICS just being disabled and almost 10% more than when VICS was hooked up. This is also with a polished throttle body that i bypassed the coolant on. i also filled the hole on the #2 runner in the resonance chamber thing so the air is distributed evenly across all the cylinders.
I AM NOT RECOMMENDING DOING THIS, for the time being anyway. I dont want everyone to start messing with the manifolds and somebody blow thier stuff up. I'll test it out for a month and post with another update. it'll be interesting if it effects gas and so forth...
If you get a chance Dyno it I would love to get to compair results.

I imagine your low end torque suffered a quite a bit though.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”