GE Nighthawk headlight bulbs

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
valenzul

GE Nighthawk headlight bulbs

Post by valenzul »

I bought these instead of the Silverstars. I wonder if anyone tried these. They seem very bright and lengthy white light. I wonder how they compare to the silverstars?
MX-SLICK

Ge nighthawks

Post by MX-SLICK »

Ya i tried them, they are bright but they lack the cool looking rffect, considering they are just 55 watt clear bulbs as opposed to 45 watt clear bulbs. I Picked up sylverstars which burnt out in the first 2 months, so i got some eurolite hyperwhite h4 bulbs (arc discharge bulbs with sending unit) They shine brilliant white changine to blue/purple with angle. the bulbs, connections, and sending unit cost me 150 bucks, and i dont regret it.
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

i ordered texon 8000k 100w light bulbs today. I should get them next week. are they any good?
-Steve
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I'm not sure what "Texon" is (namebrand?) but 100W bulb could smoke your light housing and possibly overheat your wiring harness (meaning fire). Too much current draw for gauge of wire. You might want to try PM'ing Taras out in BC. He's an expert when it comes to lighting IMO.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
valenzul

Post by valenzul »

Where did you get the Eurolite H4 kit from for $150?

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”