it runs

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
goldsberry1

it runs

Post by goldsberry1 »

i finally go my car running. it started tonight for the first time with the built engine and turbo. i'm so excited right now. i ran 2 1/5 exhaust right in front of the drivers side tire. it sounds like a v8 mean. tommorrow i put the tires on and see if it will drive. :D
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

:o Thats awesome

I'll cross my fingers for you.
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Great to hear. So what turned out to be the problem why it wouldnt turn over before?

What all did it cost you to fix?

I'm very glad to hear you decided to keep the car and fix it. Now after all this work and money, dont sell it!
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

well the problem the first time was sand in the engine. it turns out the guy i bought the engine from sandblasted it and didnt clean it out afterwards. it cost around $140 for the new bearings for the crank and lower end.

now i have a whole new set of problems now that it is running. there is a loud knocking sound from the front back around the no.1 or 3 cylinders. i need some more help in solveing this new problem. i still might sell it now that nothing i do works.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

I sure hope thats not rod knock you are describing. Change your oil and check for metal. Take it easy or else you may throw a rod in your fresh forged motor.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

well it has new bearings throughout the bottom end. and i measures all the clearences very carefully so i dont think it could be a rod knocking. so i think its the timeing belt tensioner. i will be replaceing that very soon. so i will be sure to let everyone know whats going on.
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

hey, i got it running today agin. i took the turbo pipes off and redid them completely. i replaced the timeing belt tensioner,oil pan gasket, and timeing belt. i think the timeing was off alittle bit because it runs so much smoother now. now i'm really excited. before the pipe comeing from the rear bank actually hit the ground when i was brakeing hard and hit a bump at the same time. now i have about 5" from the lowest point so it should be good. cant wait to drive it. :lol:
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

so is that knock gone now? iv got what sounds like a knock, but its really the lifters. just the combo from the bigger cams the 3 angle valves and stiffer valve springs, the valve train it loud. it might have been possable that you just had a valve that wasent oiled up all the way.

when i changed my head gasket a few days back, i thought there was a knock but it was just a valve. but it still scares me. after about 5 to 10 minutes it oiled up and quit. good luck hope it works out for you
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

hey didn't noticed the post..congrat. on your new engine..hope things work out for you.

btw Josh..our valves came stock with a 3 angle valve job
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

[quote="btw Josh..our valves came stock with a 3 angle valve job[/quote]

thats funny, iv got two spair motors and i havent taken them down that far to even look.
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

i got to drive it today i got on it some, it got up to about 5 psi. i have a pretty good oil leak from the distributer i think. i stopped at a light and it looked like it was on fire it was smokeing so much. even with the 220cc injectors the af never left full rich until i got home. i only drove it today like 14 miles. i am going to replace to o-ring on the disty tommorrow and see if that helps any.

Return to “Forced Induction”