UK MX3 Insurance

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
psneddon

UK MX3 Insurance

Post by psneddon »

Just a few questions....I'm fairly new to cars, the MX3 is my first :)

1) Do insurance groups ever go down? Why the hell is the MX3 still a group 15!

2) Does anyone know any insurance companies that give decent quotes for the MX3. I currently pay £1500 for 3rd partys (I'm 26 and just past my test 3 months ago). I've tries 100's of online quotes and the cheapest I can calcuate for next year is about £900 fully comp with Endsliegh (but only if I add a second experienced driver)

Paul
storm99

Re: UK MX3 Insurance

Post by storm99 »

Hi Paul,
I'm sorry to say that insurance groups never go down. The reason the MX-3 is a group 15 is because of the V6.
Don't be totally dismayed though, because the group rating isn't the be all and end all. I'll give you an example from experience. When my friend was looking for a new car, he had a choice between an MX-3 V6 or a 1.6 Citroen Saxo VTR. The Saxo is a group 8, but the insurance quotes he was getting on the Citroen were WAY more expensive than the Mazda. This is down to the 'reputation' that the insurance companies associate with a car. The Saxo VTR is renowned for being cheap, easy to modify and resonably quick, and has been a favourite of the 'Max Power' boy racer types for several years. This reputation increases the premium. On the other hand, the MX-3 is relativly rare in the UK, and doesn't have any sort of reputation to speak of, so the premium is lower.
The best place to look for car insurance is confused.com, They did both me and my friend a great deal on our V6s. They search all of the online insurance companies and give you a list of the cheapest.
I currently pay £650 fully comp on my modified '92 V6 (I'm 24 with 1 years no claims, have been driving for 7 years, but do have accidents on file and speeding points too), and my friend (24, no no-claims, been driving for 6 years, no accidents or points) has got his for £500 fully comp.
If you shop around, and play the companies off against each other, you will get a better deal.
Hope this helps a bit. Good luck!

<small>[ October 06, 2004, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: storm99 ]</small>
Racing
\Ra"cing\, a. & n. from Race, v. t. & i.
The alchemy that turns base metals into heat, noise, power
and motion.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/storm99
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

Hi chaps, the best place i found for insurance was www.asda.com online. i got an online quote of £551 quid third party, im 20, with an accident on file so fairly good, 3yrs driving 2 years no claims, asda are underwritten by Norwich UUnion so insurance quality is good
Hope that helps
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Im 22, have 4 years no claims, no tickets, no nothing im paying £740 TPFT. Tesco insurance. Was paying £870 last year, with Tesco. cheepest quote I got was for £716 Church Hill, using Confused.com.
Keir Anderson

Post by Keir Anderson »

I'm 22, been drivin 4yrs, 1yrs no claim payin £450 TPFT wit elephant.
White_mx-3_UK
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Just tryed with Elephant Motor insurance, they gave me a quote of £1028. What the frig is all that about. How the hell is yours £450, I went TPFT and I have 4yrs no claims. The worlds against me.
jollyroger1965

Post by jollyroger1965 »

Have you tried Adrian Flux or Express Insurance ? Get quotes from each of them, I've heard good about both. :2thumbsup:
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Cheers fella, but they also wanted to bend me over and ram my *** .
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

Im With Jollyroger here, Adrian Flux are very good and they also insure NOS for street use :2thumbsup: performance direct also give fair quotes. ive just added another driver and comuting with more miles an i pay 844 with www.asda.com now but their service is A* my girlfriends just had an accident im her Maz 323F an it wasnt her fault. They were good an their legal team are hardcore.
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
jollyroger1965

Post by jollyroger1965 »

Why is this world so biased...it's discriminating and there should be a law against it. Is there anyone here who sez female drivers are better than men??? Hey, I'm fair..why not say both can be equally bad or good. The point being that my wife got insurance from Diamond Insurance for the MX3 V6...fully comp for £470 with no NCB!!! :rant2:
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

You probably know this, really, but it isn't a case of "good" or "bad", only the degree of risk. In general, an insurance company has a lower risk in insuring a woman, so they can afford to offer a lower premium. They have the data from the past claims, so it's not a matter of opinion, it's fact.

If they did not offer women lower premiums because they wanted to be "fair", a competitor would, and they would lose the business.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “European MX-3 Community”