What's it mean when passenger side floor is wet again?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Chasing_Size

What's it mean when passenger side floor is wet again?

Post by Chasing_Size »

So yea, Passenger side floor underneath seat is wet ... whats that mean again? P.s: when I start my car, it really struggles... it blogs out, turn it on again, same thing, maybe 4 times, it progressively gets worse as the weather gets cold, and never revvs at 1500 on start like its supposed to? maybe temp sensor? I wana get this **** replaced... Only started happening after i got my new intake manifold..

let me know pleaaaaaaase
1992 Mazda mx3 gs / 03 / ms8 intake manifold / klze 67mm bored TB/ Custom CAI / 2.5 Custom exhaust / Drift kit front and sides/ CF Invader hood / 17'' MSR gunmetals with chrome lip / Tockico Blues / Suspension technique springs / Leather interrior/ B&M SS / Fully customized interrior (Red and black) / Corvette Red 00 Paint w/ white,blue,gold pearl / Shaved altezzas w/ black trim/ Front rear strut bars / ze ecu ( I think that's all )
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: What's it mean when passenger side floor is wet again?

Post by mitmaks »

is it water or coolant, is it oily.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

there's no odour, so i think its water
1992 Mazda mx3 gs / 03 / ms8 intake manifold / klze 67mm bored TB/ Custom CAI / 2.5 Custom exhaust / Drift kit front and sides/ CF Invader hood / 17'' MSR gunmetals with chrome lip / Tockico Blues / Suspension technique springs / Leather interrior/ B&M SS / Fully customized interrior (Red and black) / Corvette Red 00 Paint w/ white,blue,gold pearl / Shaved altezzas w/ black trim/ Front rear strut bars / ze ecu ( I think that's all )
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

got a sunroof..happened to another guy..his drain for is soonroof was the problem..it passes right where youre feet are..take off the carpet and check
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Had similar swimming pool situation. Found it was the drain tube from the sunroof recess on passenger side had come away from its mounting position. Drain tube is supposed to run down pillar and in behind fender shroud. So water was running freely right into the pillar and onto the passenger side floor. When required (raining) I park the car so as to be inclined to the left. Should get around to fixing that one of these days....too many other things on the go.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

I have the same problem but on the drivers side.

I have the sunroof & just checked to see if the line was plugged. I blew it out with an air hose & was clean. So it is not the drain tube.

The only thing I have noticed is the wiring harness for the door that plugs into the frame of the car is loose & I think that is where the water on mine is getting in from.

I noticed a trail of water dripping down the back side of my fender & down the door pillar right by the harness.

I would check this also. There should be a rubber boot that goes over that.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Teal; not to be insulting but did you confirm that air being blown through was exiting down by the wheel well. Otherwise, if there was any blockage in the tube, the high air pressure will blow the tube off it's mounting point giving the illusion that the air is passing freely. Plastic pillar panels have to be removed to confirm that the tube is intact and connected to the sunroof drain tray. Many rainy years of west coast (Vancouver Island) living taught me this. Cheers.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Astalanya

Post by Astalanya »

It sounds like I'm having a similar problem -- the floor of my 94 MX-3 (base model) is soaking wet too. Out here on the We(s)t Coast, rain is a fairly significant issue and my poor car just can't clear the windows. I only recently discovered how bad the water was.

Problem is -- I don't have a sunroof. So what could be the culprit for my car being soaking wet? :/
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

Teal; not to be insulting but did you confirm that air being blown through was exiting down by the wheel well. Otherwise, if there was any blockage in the tube, the high air pressure will blow the tube off it's mounting point giving the illusion that the air is passing freely. Plastic pillar panels have to be removed to confirm that the tube is intact and connected to the sunroof drain tray.
I had all of the pillar panels off when doing it. It is in line & hooked up to the sunroof. The spot where it is leaking in the kick panel is a b*tch to get to. You cannot see nor get your hand in there.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”