UK KLZE

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
UKMXV6

UK KLZE

Post by UKMXV6 »

Hi all

After seeing a few people going down the 2.5 KLZE route i am starting to think about it my self. Could some one that has done this in the uk give me a break down of price for the swop. I am trying to put together a case so i can convince the boss lady and my financial advisors (Parents) that it is worth doing and not as much as buying an rx-8 to do the jump to 200BHP.

I would want to do this and try and keep as many of the original parts as possible, or in other words doing it as cost effective as it can be done.

Thanks lots

P :2thumbsup:
BADMX3

Re: UK KLZE

Post by BADMX3 »

In my own views if you have the ££££'s go get yourself an rx8!

for how much it will cost to do the swop in the uk and if your going to try and insure it as it should be insured as a 2.5 200 hp you might as well have a new car.

I havn't done the swap and i may be well off the mark as it's only research on the net i would say the very minimum you will spend to do the swap is £1500. this is if your doing it yourself.

- from £750 - £1500 for the engine
- around £150 for motor mounts
- new water pump??? > maybe 50 - 80 from an mx6 in the uk 2nd hand
-ignition leads > £40
-spark plugs > £30
-£150+ for a new clutch
-i'd go for uprated gear box.
(the manifold works ok on our car's apparantly)
-new timing belt £50
-and ecu from states
+ all the necessary tools

this is just a basic list! there is alot more which if your doing the job correctly you need to replace.

you might get away doing it a bit cheaper i.e keep same clutch i guess, i think you can get away without motor mounts but i'm not sure.

ALL in consideration>
i would love my mx3 ZE'd but taking into consideration:
-£1500 + price tag (fitting it yourself),
-hassle to fit the engine and get it working right,
-fear of bumping the car and it not being covered correctly,
-fitting 2nd hand engine,30K+
-mx3's are worth a couple of thousand at the most in the uk as they seem to be quite hard to sell at more than 3K,
-i can't see the ZE transplant adding much value to the car.

i would go for the RX8 if i were in a position to do so!
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

KLZE engine *800pounds (can get you one)
New clutch *175pounds
KlZE ecu *160pounds (can also get you one)
Oil/coolant/filter*40

Fitment is no problem as long as you did your research. Parts like waterpump, belts, sparkplugs can either be used from the klze or can be swapped over from the k8. But it might be wise to use new parts, so you won't have to change them in the future.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
UKMXV6

Post by UKMXV6 »

Thanks for the info guys, I really wish i did have the coin for an RX-8 :eek: , i tried to blag my way into a test drive last weekend but the guy would not give up the keys, he said i had book a drive.

I might have the coin for the KLZE though looking at the break down. I'll start saving up all my 2's and 1's see how full the piggy bank is. :2thumbsup:

Thanks Again

P

Return to “European MX-3 Community”