1997 UK Model Air/Con Component Locations?????

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
psneddon

1997 UK Model Air/Con Component Locations?????

Post by psneddon »

Hello,

I have a 1997 V6 MX-3 and I'm trying to troubleshoot the A/C, I need to find the "low pressure switch" and the "thermostat switch". I have traced the full lenght of the Air Con pipes and I can't find the damn pressure switch :( Its not on the same place as the US 1994/5 models.

Can anyone in the UK with a 1997 V6 who knows about the A/C system help me out please.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: 1997 UK Model Air/Con Component Locations?????

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Sounds like you need to hear from someone like Ianl. I believe his MX-3 is a V6 97 as well. Ian..? Ohhhhhh IAN!? Where are youuuu?? :D
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

[quote]Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
Sounds like you need to hear from someone like Ianl. I believe his MX-3 is a V6 97 as well. Ian..? Ohhhhhh IAN!? Where are youuuu?? :o

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with my Aircon system, and my manuals are all US-based. But I see in the 626/MX-6 Haynes manual that the low-pressure switch is in the accumulator/drier. I would expect the temperature switch to be either built into the compressor or on the output line close to it. Hope that helps.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
psneddon

Post by psneddon »

I thought I would update and share the info. The low pressure switch in the 1997 UK V6 model is just behind and below the passenger side headlight, next to the radiator. It's pretty easy to short for testing - I just shoved a pair of plyers between the two connectors :)

Return to “European MX-3 Community”