What to do at 60000 Miles

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
UKMXV6

What to do at 60000 Miles

Post by UKMXV6 »

Hello

My little jammy dodger is about to hit 64 and i am starting to get a bit twichy about the cam belt and water pump. One of the guys at work, he had to sell his mx cos when his hit 65 his belt went and took the engine with it :crying:

How many miles are on your cars and if they are over 60 what have you had done and what is a rough idea of the cost. Oh and i have to say i do not really know that much about what makes my car go so doing big jobs my self is a bit of a No No :welder: but might be a laugh :2thumbsup:

Thanks

P
SIXPACK

Re: What to do at 60000 Miles

Post by SIXPACK »

hi I dont know about miles but the car needs to get the belt changed at every 100.000 KM I belive. it should say so in your service manual too. oh and you should probably get your sparkplugs changed and maybe check the air filter. You know small stuff like that will keep your car in good shape ;)

<small>[ April 30, 2004, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: SIXPACK ]</small>
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
UKMXV6

Post by UKMXV6 »

I suppose i was trying to find out how much other people had payed to have the belt sorted or how late they left it (I've been quoted about 200 quid). Also would be cool to find out how many miles are on other peoples mx-3's and what they have had to replace and how hard it was to get the parts. Even when i did the front and back barkes (disks and pads) that was a pain as they had the wrong info on there books for the pads and even when i went to get some bulbs from Halfords they had the wrong spec in there books.

Hope this makes sense

Cool

P
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

200 sounds about right. it is a bit difficult to change the belt because the engine bay is so packed. the only major repairs I had were around 220.000 km where I experienced a CLONK noice. it turned out to be some worn out steering ball(there was alot of slack when pushing the front wheel from side to side) I also had my struts replaced. they were leaking. btw. regarding parts it is sometimes better to go buy original mazda parts at a dealer. often the extra cost is worth it in the long run ;)

<small>[ May 05, 2004, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: SIXPACK ]</small>
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
UKMXV6

Post by UKMXV6 »

Nice one mate.
Thanks for the info.

P :D
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Major services are at 12,000 mile intervals, and it calls for everything to be adjusted or checked or changed, apart from the gearbox oil, which is changed every 24,000. The cambelt should be changed every 60,000.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “European MX-3 Community”