when will there be real projectors?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
lok

when will there be real projectors?

Post by lok »

when will there be real projectors?... i waited for so long already...
papa roached

Re: when will there be real projectors?

Post by papa roached »

man, i really dont think there ever will be any, i hear so much talk of "I got this company to make them" then boom, you hear nothing about it ever again
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Taras

Post by Taras »

Sounds like: "Are we there yet?" Sorry. ;)

If you are crafty, try make your own, this way you will be unique.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
lok

Post by lok »

i know man..i've been waiting for so long.. and i m dumb as hell.. i can barely change the light bulbs.. the civic projectors ar good.. but it takes so long to do it...
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I (MOCA) might have a kit in awhile, but they will require heavy modification to the stock unit. Probably not for the technically challanged or light of wallet. They have cost me about 800-900 for the pair so far. Twin Hella 90mm projectors, Shweet though.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Its dam annoying, Ive spoken to a few places in the UK to get them made and they are all interested then suddenly stop. Its a pain in the ***
My mate has just installed his projectors on a CIVIC, the light is soo much better than our MX3s. :crying:

And still we ask our selves when will they be made?
We should make a special section on the site that you can just put your name to. Then send it to the company that makes the halo projectors for the Civic. See what they say. Im sure over a little time we could get a huge amount of names waiting for these things.

Thats just my 2 pence. UK n all that. lol
alibath

Post by alibath »

Loks like the answer is never. Unless you make your own :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Pakfeifer new front bumper, Pakfeifer new rear bumper, Pakfeifer new side skirts, Pakfeifer new bonnet, Pakfeifer new rear spoiler , Pakfeifer rear clear lights, Lowered 60mm all round, 75bhp of Nitrous, Green induction kit,18 inch wolfrace chrome alloys , Twin exit exhaust, Full two tone leather interior, One off custom ice install, Mondena corsa steering wheel, sparco gear knob, richbrook gear handle, white dials, sparco red and silver pedals,
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Agreed. MX-3 has been too long out of production and sales #'s were never even close to high volume like the Civic for any company to see a profit in manufacturing these. Plus, as time keeps passing, the potential customer demand keeps dimishing as more MX-3's are retired from their noble service... :shrug:
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Even though this wouldnt be as easy as having a company make a set of headlights for our cars. It sure would be great if some people who have done a retrofit could post step-by-step pics of the whole process start to finish. With some quality instructions. I know that searching this very forum, bits and pieces will come up as to what to do and use. But there is no definitive thread that one could just look up and follow.

There is a large portion of this community that is used to by now to having to do a lot of custom work to thier cars, but the idea of a headlgight retrofit seems rather difficult due to the fact that instructions sometimes arent clear enough that one can find on the web, and also sometimes its just nice to be told exactly which bits and peices one needs to use, right down to the last screw. So if anyone is wiling to do this then please by all means post away,cause i have a feeling that after a few more members do their own retrofits, that a lot more members will start doing their own and lose the fear of doing it themselves. I mean look how many people do their own engine swaps now.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Taras

Post by Taras »

If I would tell you how I am doing mine (still doing) I would have to write a book. And that is only one way of doing it. There are many more options for a retrofit that have been discussed previously and quite recently.

Quite honestly I do not mind telling little details and when I am done with mine I certainly will post my results, but a step-by-step process, I think this is asking too much. It's like asking someone to write down how to do a ZE swap with all the little details. I think I need to stop writing, because I will never finish my retrofit.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Well I would never intend on one person to do it all themself, as i agree with you it is a daunting task to do. I guess what i meant was more like a thread in which if you've done a retrofit, post in it and put as much as you can, interms of information.If said thread ever did occur, it would be nice if mods could lock it so only people who have info to add can post, so the thread doesnt become ten pages long full of just questions.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Taras

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by mxer4eva:
If said thread ever did occur, it would be nice if mods could lock it so only people who have info to add can post, so the thread doesnt become ten pages long full of just questions.
Why do you think I have not posted progress pics of my retro yet. It takes me more time on the Internet than to actually do the lights themselves. When mine are done, I shall post as much as I can with pictures.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
Agreed. MX-3 has been too long out of production and sales #'s were never even close to high volume like the Civic for any company to see a profit in manufacturing these. :shrug:
That's true but I also never thought any company would make Altezza's for our car, but it eventuallly happened..... just wonder if the same company will make the headlights also ????
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Originally posted by PATDIESEL:
I (MOCA) might have a kit in awhile, but they will require heavy modification to the stock unit. Probably not for the technically challanged or light of wallet. They have cost me about 800-900 for the pair so far. Twin Hella 90mm projectors, Shweet though.
Damn, I did'nt think you would ever post about our project (secret project MOCA). Oh well..

The lights are on the expensive side with 1 90mm projector and 1 90mm high beam in the stock housing. We spent months trying to get a good mold and decided to use the stock housing as a building block. It also required the lenses to be sanded down. The light output should be spectacular over the old......I can't see a'damn thing at night.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by jaydog5678:
Originally posted by PATDIESEL:
I (MOCA) might have a kit in awhile,
Damn, I did'nt think you would ever post about our project (secret project MOCA). Oh well..
Agreed Justin... Now we gotta kill him.

I hate to see Pat go-- he was such a nice guy!

I call dibs on his ZE'd MX-3!

LOL

:laugh:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”