tail light socket 1992 4 cyl ne one?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
dj inferno

tail light socket 1992 4 cyl ne one?

Post by dj inferno »

hey... i got a 92 4 cyl. and i need the socket for the rear pass. side light bulb... i took mine light out cuz it didn't work... and found it to be all rusted, went all over searching for a pecie to fit... called mazda and they said it would cost 200 to rebuild the hole light because they don't make the socket ne more... ne one have an exstra just laying around da house lol?? please help... perfurably sumone in mn so i can pic it up so i don't gotta pay shippin.. thx
millionflame

Re: tail light socket 1992 4 cyl ne one?

Post by millionflame »

Have you tried junkyards at all?

You can find stuff like that all the time there so long as they have an MX-3 in the yard.

If not, what about just any general 1197 bulb socket? Try that too.
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

i havn't tryed a junk yard... but i have called them... and theres not a whole lot of mx-3 in mn...
mx3frik

Post by mx3frik »

If they're still in somewhat decent shape you can try sanding the rust off or scraping it off with a skinny nail if it's deep. One of my side marker needs to be sanded off every 3-4 months.

Eugene

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”