Light Bulb Colors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
LooseChangeRacing

Light Bulb Colors

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Ok i've now changed my altezza turn signals hehe, they were white and the cops didn't like that. But I wanted to know the laws in NH or any other state cause there most likely to be the same.
Side markers...
first off, can you buy clear lenses for the front and back side markers?
Now can the bulb stay white?, Can my front turn signals and back markers be white? Let me know fellas?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
drift

Re: Light Bulb Colors

Post by drift »

most states have laws that say front signal lights and sidemarkers must be amber, and rear sidemarkers must be red. rear signals can be red or amber. you can use clear lenses, but you have to use colored bulbs.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

In ontario you can have amber and white up front, and amber and red in the rear, white for reverse lights. I was just reading the traffic act the other day and apparently amber is legal for brake lights too... doubt that'd be a good idea tho :shrug: . I've got clear sidemarkers with and signals all around with white lights, no trouble from the local po yet, had em for about half a year now.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

there both right, you can use red and amber in the back (white for reverse) or amber and white in the front (you maybe able to use other colors but blue and red are definetly out) for side markers, you can do amber, white, and ive seen some cars having red, and they came stock with red, so basically a good guideline to follow is stay away from Red and Blue, there police colors and they are more likely to pull you over if your using those colors, and to get even more technical you shouldnt jsut wonder about just the states laws, but your local as well, alot of counties and cities have special ordinaces against things, because for some reason they think having blue led washers, and blue undercarage neons is imitating a police.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Taras

Post by Taras »

If you use common sense as well as style, that would be the best. Green turn signals definitely will not be understood. Here are a few links to laws that may interest you.
FMVSS108 page Here you could see some issues with taillamps and access full federal lighting code called FMVSS108. Check NHTSA link as well.
NH Vehicle Code - Equipment Here you can find lighting regulations for your state.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

good info there guys...i'll definately have to check it out. yeah I have a buddy who put those lighted things (go on the tire valve or something, they sell them at Wal Mart) on his wheels on his Cavalier, and the local po po gave him a ticket for them, no warning, and it was at 5:00 am when he was on his way to work....needless to say he was jacked....

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”