meguairs plastic cleaner

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
sweetmx3

meguairs plastic cleaner

Post by sweetmx3 »

Just let everybody know I used some of the plastic cleaner and polish it worked great. I applied on scrubbed it around and u could see the yellow and grime come right off and look way clear from before but Iam still looking for a spare set at the wreckers to sand and make crystal clear :froggie_red:

Re: meguairs plastic cleaner

Post by Guest »

i could not find this product, it's like i'm in a different world or something, can't find any plastic cleaners???
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

Look in Canadiantire.
Low3-XM

Post by Low3-XM »

i love the plasric clean'er i use it when i wax my car just to keep'em shiny
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

meguiars is in Cdn Tire with the wax products. I think theres a meguiars section in the wax/polish isle
Dave Rocque

Post by Dave Rocque »

Someone told me that stuff is pretty much toothpaste with some form of wax added. My dad used to clean the chrome and headlights with toothpaste back in the day. Anyhow, I have tried both Colgate and MacGuire's and although the Colgate did clean up the lense quite nicely, the MacGuire's did a much nicer job with fine scratches and such, surprisingly well with only a cloth and 5 minutes of rubbing. Not sure about cavity control though.
mx3frik

Post by mx3frik »

Lol nice rockstar.

That's not surprise. My speculation is that toothpaste being an enemal cleaner will clean up the lenses quite nice. As far as the chrome goes the fluride in toothpaste reverses the oxidation process in metals so it'll clean up blemishes on chromes (even grandma's silverwear) quite nicely... :)

Eugene

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”