moderators need to control posts more

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
ruthless_mx3

moderators need to control posts more

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

Moderators need to control the forum more so that when posts become retarded (arguing and flaming) they can be deleted?
We're all a bunch of people with mx3's, shouldn't we get along with each other and help each other out instead of hating each other?
I noticed there's alot of flaming on this site and it really disappoints me.

just my $.02
93 MX3 GS SE KLZE -- RIP May 1, 2011
14.007 @ 98.46 1.991 60ft -- the only time she made it to the 1/4 :(

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: moderators need to control posts more

Post by Custommx3 »

Send a moderator or an admin the link to the post so we know who the culpret is.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

I like that option on the probetalk forums "report this post to a moderator", I guess all you do is click on it. I realize thats probably a newer bulletin board version...
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

I don't mean to bash the moderators I understand there's a lot of posts to keep track of but if a post here and a post there are edited maybe it will lead to everyone just policing the posts themselves. Obviously it won't happen overnight but every little bit helps.
If its too overwhelming for the current moderators (which I could understand) maybe some assistant moderators could be appointed to help. They wouldn't have to have all the powers that an actual moderator has but maybe as a finder of stuff like this or even the person that says "stop or I will reort this to a moderator and have this thread closed". Something like that :)
The "report this post to a moderator" button is great. The only problem is that the moderators could become cluttered with things that maybe aren't that bad. This would be a good job for assistant moderators. They could sort out the bad and the really bad. The really bad could then be forwarded to a moderator and action could then be taken, whatever that would be.
Originally posted by MX-3.com:
Since the admins/moderators are all human, (whether you think it or not), we try our best to maintain the boards in a fair and respectable manner.
"whether you think it or not" is like the comments that i'm talking about. You maybe didn't mean it to be a sarcastic remark but it sure sounds that way. Its a comment that could be left out and still get your point across. Just reread it and leave out the "whether...or not" part. It should have the same meaning.
I don't mean a thread should be closed because of a simple comment but when it leads to a huge arguement thats when something needs to be done.
:2thumbsup:

92 MX3 GS aka Goldmember - I'm trying to keep the legend going and as always credit to Andy for starting the legend ;)
sc61 currently @ 8 psi, wiseco 10:1 pistons, K1 rods, ported ze heads w/ kl31 cams
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

He said it in a .. humorous manner.. I don't see any reason why he should leave it out of his post, maybe you just take things a little too seriously (no offense) but I truly believe that he meant no offense by that little statement.. peace
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
ruthless_mx3

Post by ruthless_mx3 »

No his comment didn't really bother me i just pointed it out as an example of how arguements get started. One misunderstands the other and a big fight breaks out. Its mainly the big fights that bother me. Its so hard to tell a persons emotion by just reading some words. I had a hard time wording my last post cuz I sounded pissy instead of calm. Thats where the smiley's come in handy. If you noticed I used them to try to clarify my mood.
If threads are closed once the fight breaks out I think eventually people will start to lay off the flaming a little more. Its kinda like getting in trouble for speeding. If the police are really strict, less speeding will occur. Why do people drive so fast on freeways??....Cops usually don't pull them over. Traffic would move slower if more tickets were handed out.

marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

what about help regulating the flaming on the site by announcing that if 5 diff people on the same post will post 'temp-ban (user)', then the mod will temp-ban the person. and same with 'perm-ban (user)' (assuming there's more than 10 people who post a ban for that user) will get a perm-ban.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

or how about leave it the way it is, it is already more filtered more then pretty much every other ofrum out there, just leave it
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by airjordon_09:
or how about leave it the way it is, it is already more filtered more then pretty much every other ofrum out there, just leave it
Name a few. And if you're thinking of street racing sites...well, that explains your stance. I don't know of any sites that I'm a part of (I'm a participant of 6 different forums) that are any more laxed. This is pretty much a happy medium.

This is a site that is supposed to be family friendly. If you can't control yourself, then leave (not pointing to anyone in specific).

But of course, it's always fun to cut loose every once in a while. :D Just use the filters for what they are there for and I don't see a problem with this site. The main problem is that alot of people have HUGE ego's. I also notice a lot of lieing. If we can base a sense of community amongst the members here instead of seeing this site as a big competition to see who can make the "tightest whip", then I think that the flaming would kinda die out.

Another factor is age...lot's of youngin's on this site with bad internet forum ettiquete.

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”