A forum to discuss Future Mazda Models. Please keep the posts in this forumto Mazda models ONLY. Not other manufacturers models.
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Baker

Re: Opinions on Mazda 3

Post by Sam Baker »

hehehehe.. i love those cars :D
we test drove one of the base model 4 doors at Mazda Rev It Up this year, and damn are they fun in the twisties! it was the tiptronic, but still hella quick and fun to blast around those lil turns.. as for the performance model, i'd say it must be awesome because they were using them to actually race on the track! :D go for it
92 Autozam AZ3
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

hell yeah-- beautiful car-- I want one!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I drove the 160hp version at Rev It Up, both wagon and sedan. Considering it was automatic it had really great throttle response and was fairly quick. I definitely liked taking it around the twisties. But I still like the Mazdaspeed Miata way better, it sounds so sick. I still like my swapped MX-3 better though. :2thumbsup:
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah give me a mx3 with a swap and a few extras for 1/4 the cost of a brand new mazda 3.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

It is a really good car! I am ordering one within the next couple of weeks (I spent money on the MX-3 to get ready to sell it, so I am waiting for a little more money in my account before I buy). I test drove the Mazda 3 Sport GS. With 4 people in the car, it still moved really quick. I am ordering the model I tested with the 5 manual, in Winning Blue. I think the only option that I am going to get is the MP3 player. I needed more space in the car than what the MX-3 had, and 88HP does not get you anywhere fast.
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

Last edited by therealstasman on February 17th, 2009, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmonid

Post by mmonid »

I am getting the hatchback (here it is called the Sport). I thought that the car handled very well, and acceleration was excellent, and it felt roomy inside. In my opinion, the interior looks much better than the other cars in its class. I think I will have to wait a little longer because I cannot get the trade in value I was expecting on the MX-3 because it needs new piston rings to pass emmissions, so I need to save up some more. Hopefully, there will be some good promotions going on in a month or two at Mazda.
Matthew Monid

1993 MX-3 RS 5-Speed (Sold)/1997 Volvo 850 AWD Turbo 5-Speed
therealstasman
Supporting Member

Post by therealstasman »

fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

it might have a more aggressive growl to it?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
lok

Post by lok »

in my opinion.. the 3 is ok... first... the price is not that good if u wanto load it up.. the base model is cheaper.. but its so tempting to upgrade this and that.. so actually when it comes to the total cost... it wont be that cheap.. also... its not that fast really... i test drove the top model... but i still think its not that fast.. there ar lots of similar cars that can compare to it.. like matrix.. celica.. civic.. sentra spec V... however.. the functions.. the look.. the lights.. style.. have improved so much... i agree that it is worth the price.. BUT.. it is way too common and way too much on the street... many families buy it as a grocery getter and stuff.. and a lot of girls drive it too like the mini cooper and golf.. so overall.. i wouldnt get it even if i had the money...
Joobers

Post by Joobers »

I test drove one of the decked out sedans. It handled excellent although a bit underpowered (even with the 2.3). I really like the looks of the car and the price is reasonable.

The one thing that holds me back from this car is the safety ratings. They aren't that great when compared to a Civic or the Matrix/Vibe.

Return to “Future Mazda Models”