First timer question

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Exit 716

First timer question

Post by Exit 716 »

My wife just purchased a 1995 MX-3.
Excuse the stupid question, but where the hell is the transmission fluid dipstick located?
:crying:
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Re: First timer question

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Disconnect the speedo sensor connector on the top rear area of the tranny and remove the speedo sensor to ck. the fluid level.
Exit 716

Post by Exit 716 »

Thanks.
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Hmmm... I should point out that the speedo sensor location was for a 95 mtx. If atx, you should find the dipstick - my shop manual diagram shows the atx dipstick down low in front of the battery tray and kinda tucked between there and the and rear of the intake airbox.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
Disconnect the speedo sensor connector on the top rear area of the tranny and remove the speedo sensor to ck. the fluid level.
Originally posted by perhapsadingo8yerbaby:
Hmmm... I should point out that the speedo sensor location was for a 95 mtx. If atx, you should find the dipstick - my shop manual diagram shows the atx dipstick down low in front of the battery tray and kinda tucked between there and the and rear of the intake airbox.
lol, was about to say, how do you do this while the car is hot and running? I don't think you do the "finger measuring meathod" on an auto ;) . I sure hope he reads your second post before he goes out and checks his atx fluid level lol :confused2:
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt

Return to “Transmissions”