Check Transmission Light

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
henz94

Check Transmission Light

Post by henz94 »

Today my check transmission light came on. When I started the car later in the day it didnt show up again. Is something wearing down and its for-warning me?
thanks
David Coleman

Re: Check Transmission Light

Post by David Coleman »

Moved to the slushbox forum.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

check the posts down it should answer you'r question.
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

get it checked out, it's a bloody expensive thing to replace, and little things get big 'n expensive REAL quick
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0
colin96

Post by colin96 »

hey, i don't know if this helps but one of my dash lights lit up that looked like a transmission but after i checked the manual it was actually the engine light. my problem was my coolant was way down...just a thought check all your fluids and electrical connections...hope its not something serious :(
Sway214

Post by Sway214 »

same problem I have. the check transmission lit up.
I had the car inspected and it failed because of the emmission. Now I called up this guy who I bought the car from ($3300! plus the repairs which is $700+!) and he brought his mechanic with him. They're saying it might be the "head" or something, and that it's gonna cost me a lot of money. I am the last person to know anything about cars, and i am constantly berating myself for buying the car without consulting anybody about it. I fell in love with the exterior of MX3 and decided to buy it. Aasaargh!

Now can anybody tell me what the "head" is? The guy will have the car tuned up first to see what's wrong, but if indeed they find out it's the "head" that's causing the problems, I'm dead. That car is bleeding me dry.

<small>[ September 26, 2003, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Sway214 ]</small>
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

He is probably talking about the cylinder head, the top part of the engine where the valves and camshaft are. The head can warp if the engine overheated, the gasket between the head and engine block could be blown (leaking oil and antifreeze into the cylinders , or antifreeze into the engine cylinders), the valve guides could be worn, allowing oil into the engine, etc. Its not terribly difficult for a handy do-it-yourselfer to redo, but it is fairly labor intensive and not good for a 'first timer' to attempt alone.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
Sway214

Post by Sway214 »

thanks guyaverage, the car's fixed (?) already..well, i hope so, i dunno actually, cause the battery's dead again...won't start...

the guy said he replaced the sparks plugs...he replaced the wiper blades, fixed the rear lights,slapped the inspections sticker on it, and I ended up paying $344.00. jeez. i really need to know more about cars.

Return to “Transmissions”