Hold button

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
beavis_man

Hold button

Post by beavis_man »

Hello,<p>Is it possible to keep the Hold switch always ON.
Because each time you turn the engine Off, the switch automatically turn OFF too.
------------------
THANX
Beavis Man
------------------
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Hold button

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

you can hook the wire up to a hot wire instead of an accessory wire but WHY would would you do that. You're not gonna be able to travel more than 50mph and you'd be unable to use your 4 (best) gear. :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
beavis_man

Post by beavis_man »

You can get better acceleration in 1st and 2nd gear... When I'm driving up to 70mph i turn it of and the tranny shift in 4th gear !!!
------------------
THANX
Beavis Man
------------------
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

70 in second! killing the motor if you keep it in "d" ad floor it with hold on then it gives you good pick up or i just manual shift myself i start in "L" (hold on) then at like 5-6000 rpms shift to "2" then "D" then at like 5-6000 rpms press hold i get much better pick up!
OH YEA thats KILLIN ur tranny too!... :(
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
beavis_man

Post by beavis_man »

Hehe,<p>You're right , i mean 70 on D ... not in 2nd :)
I didn't kill the tranny yet !<p>I still need a good answer to my firts question... How i can hook the wire to a hot wire ??? I need to go to the source of the wire or i can get a special switch to remplace the EOM hold switch.
------------------
THANX
Beavis Man
------------------
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -=Beavis Man=-:

You're right , i mean 70 on D ... not in 2nd :)
I didn't kill the tranny yet !<p>I still need a good answer to my firts question... How i can hook the wire to a hot wire ??? I need to go to the source of the wire or i can get a special switch to remplace the EOM hold switch.
<hr></blockquote><p>I don't think anyone has ever wired it in the way you are thinking so I am not sure.<p>Be careful with your transmission though, sure it must be fun to push the ATX to its limits and see what you can get out of it but be warned that you are probably killing its lifespan in the process.
DVH

Post by DVH »

give it some time , you'll f*ck ur tranny or engine in no time! but do what u want bro!
dumb and pointless :o
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

just take some hockey tape and wrap it around the button so its stuck in all the time, :shrug: when i first read this i thought it was a joke???
meh
peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

- 1 pointless idea, free
- $5 for electrical tape from Walmart
- $2000 for a new transmission
- Blowing your transmission while trying to be a cool hardcore racer, priceless......
beavis_man

Post by beavis_man »

Ok ,<p>You can think that you are the most intelligent, but i can tell you that you know anything about your mx-3...<p>You can't tape the button because when you turn off the car hold turn off and you must press it again to turn it ON<p>Hey man , I have this car since 1996. I'd never put 1$ on transmission repair and im doing these shift since 1996...<p>you're not the most smart !!!
------------------
THANX
Beavis Man
------------------
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

well re-wired my hold button today and while doin so i tested the connections. It seems that you would have to connect both wires ( close the loop) and re-write the tranny comp to accept hold "ON" as a default feature. I'm sure you could manually wire the tranny comp to keep constant power to the feature but either way is gonna be a pain to accomplish. Again i'd like to note that if you choose this you're basically driving a 3 speed transmission. the pickup gain is substantial in the first two gears but after than you're only reducing performance :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
beavis_man

Post by beavis_man »

Thanx Sonicxtacy02 ,<p>This is a good answer...<p>This is whant I was waiting for...<p>Nice guy
------------------
THANX
Beavis Man
------------------
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by -=Beavis Man=-:

Hey man , I have this car since 1996. I'd never put 1$ on transmission repair and im doing these shift since 1996...<p>you're not the most smart !!!
<hr></blockquote><p>I find that a little hard to believe, but whatever man, I'll be here saying told you so when you come on here posting about blowing your tranny.
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

Ok ,<p>You can think that you are the most intelligent, but i can tell you that you know anything about your mx-3...<p>You can't tape the button because when you turn off the car hold turn off and you must press it again to turn it ON<p>Hey man , I have this car since 1996. I'd never put 1$ on transmission repair and im doing these shift since 1996...<p>you're not the most smart !!!<hr></blockquote><p>
lol holy ****, lol, i hope you werent talking to me, and if you were saying that im not smart, lol **** you, do honestly think i was ****ing serious about the hockey tape wrapped around your hold button, lol, now whos the idiot, lol<p> peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
DVH

Post by DVH »

Ok ,<p>You can think that you are the most intelligent, but i can tell you that you know anything about your mx-3...<p>......you're not the most smart !!!<hr></blockquote><p>k guys, andrew and jordon, i guess were just stupid.....lol.........i wish i was smart and tried to be cool and drove my auto like a 5 speed..........actually i guess he likes 3 speeds instead.......????<p>LIke i give two sh*ts if u think im stupid......sorry for bein dumb and not wanting to hold a button on the whole time i drive, (when its there to be used only when it has to be, not all the time) but whatever....later :roll:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4

Return to “Transmissions”