Cosmo Racing Short Shifter

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Grants
BANNED Member

Cosmo Racing Short Shifter

Post by Grants »

Does anyone know what the Cosmo Racing short shifter is like?

here on ebay
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
RayRay

Re: Cosmo Racing Short Shifter

Post by RayRay »

i wouldn't bother. just modify your stock one for free.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Unless you can weld, or like doing stuff like spending time on stuff you can just buy for 75 bucks (canadian).
Making your own is just welding it shorter right? that's not a short shift, it's a shorter shifter. Two different things. It'll keep the shifter low, so you can put a cd player in the lower pocket though. lol.
I say just get a reputable short-throw. Check your local performance parts store and check to see what they got there.
I've got a Pacesetter and I really like it. Other people have the B&M (I think that's the one from corksport.com), and then there is the cartboys or something like that.
Tip: when You put in the short shifter, get em to grease up the bushing, so it's not all rusting and stiff.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Thanks. I'm a bit sus cause theres no mention of that shifter anywhere on these forums.

I would modify the existing one but I need the car every day so it's a timing thing. I'm worried I'll pull it out and something will go wrong and I'll be up the creek.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”