im gettin a mx-3 and winter is here :S

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Neutron

im gettin a mx-3 and winter is here :S

Post by Neutron »

hey guys just wonderin your opinions on my mx-3. im gettin it just waitin for the loan to go through but im jsut wonderin if i should possibly find a place to keep it in in the winter ? or should i chance it and drive it for this winter? cause its either this one winter i drive it or the car never sees winter while i own it.. its all stock right now so im figurin i may as well drive it in the winter till i get it modded. but lemme know thx .
RoundTop

Re: im gettin a mx-3 and winter is here :S

Post by RoundTop »

one caveat. get good winter or all-season tires.

This car gets skittish. Read: light + HP = spin.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have triple studded cuz i don't mind the sound and this car handles great. I didn't have a problem last winter but the again we have a 200lb extra sterio stuff witht he box and whatnot...
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

Hey Neutron, welcome.

The car runs perfectly fine in our climate. I just changed the rad, thermostat & water pump on my beast and the car has hot air in like 2 minutes in -10' weather. Still does +30MPG.

I have a set of winter tires (Nordic Wintertrak - same as Michelin Alpins) on my stock alloy rims, and it handles really well on the ice. Lotsa snow and it just doesnt have the weight to be optimal, but you will have no problems getting through the city or taking highway trips.

I got the tires from CT last year, and they are still $60/tire + fees/taxes. BEST winter investment for your car that you could make.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”