i went to SEARCH and read up still need some help

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
DYLAN

i went to SEARCH and read up still need some help

Post by DYLAN »

i searched KL-ZE and i read up on what ppl had to say i still need a little bit more help on what would be the best bet for me. Some ppl say to get a KL-DE and some swear by the KL-ZE im stuck and dont no which to choose.I would like to have an engine that is able to have a turbo with relative ease.IF I were to get a KL-DE and turbo charge it would it then put out more HP then the KL-ZE also which is easier to get parts for? is the KL-DE just as easy of a swap as the KL-ZE?
lok

Re: i went to SEARCH and read up still need some help

Post by lok »

u really hv lots of money?.. klze is not enough?.. just put a klze in.. and save the moeny for the outside...
DYLAN

Post by DYLAN »

i was just thinkin i dont want to get an engine that will restrict me to only getting a few mods on it.i heard that u can put a turbo on the KL-ZE but u have to do the mods ur self. is that quite hard?
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

very hard if u dont know what you are doing... if you want to turbo i heard that swapping in a klde engine would be better since the compression on that engine is lower than the klze.. but if i were you i'd just swap in a klze in it and call it a day... dont want to hassle with customizing a turbo for the car.... and theres very little space in there!
DYLAN

Post by DYLAN »

on the KL-ZE do the offer part like cold air intake,headers,etc?
lok

Post by lok »

ya just get a klze and just put a few mods like intake...it would be quite expensive already...and then exhaust.. clutch..etc.. then do the outside..
DYLAN

Post by DYLAN »

if i were to get the KL-ZE what kind of HP can i get out of it with some bolt-ons like header,intake,etc?
yuuki

Post by yuuki »

go to the V6 technical discussion section and search for klze, there should be loads of threads explaining your question
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Well a KLZE with a few bolt-ons and a good installation (lightend flywheel, UR underdrive pulley, performance clutch, PRM Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, SS Autochrome Headers, MSD Ignition system, correct ECU KL31 or KL36, etc.) could easily put you over 220HP as well as give you some added torque. I'm sure there are topics in the V6/Technical performance section with actual Dyno numbers and charts. I'm currently working on my KLZE and I'm taking my time on doing a good job with the engine well before I put it into my MX-3. Most of the performance parts for the KLZE are the same as an MX-3 or MX-6.

<small>[ October 07, 2004, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: WyldSide ]</small>
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

i say save you money. You can only get so much power out of ze compared to other engines out there. just get it done up. or drop in a vtec.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”