Anyone up for run to Corksport? (towing my GS)

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Tempus

Anyone up for run to Corksport? (towing my GS)

Post by Tempus »

OK this is a strange request, but what the heck, nothing ventured....

You folks don't know me except for on the forums here now and then (discovered MX-3.com and MX West after the motor broke, so I've never made meets. I've got a 92 GS that's been sitting for a few years now waiting for a new motor... every time I saved up the bucks to fix her, and started looking into it, I lost my job. :D

I also need to get the engine down from Richmond, but I figure I can rent a pickup for a day for that..

<small>[ July 13, 2004, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Tempus ]</small>
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT
Taras

Re: Anyone up for run to Corksport? (towing my GS)

Post by Taras »

Make sure you check with customs both US and Canadian on Importation/Exportation rules for used car parts. Otherwise you may get a surprise, especially from the US folks.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

REALLY good point, thanks! already checking with the US folks on this. have to remember to talk to the Canadians also. It's the one thing that might sour the deal. Otherwise, I have managed to get myself a perfectly good KL-DE for {wait for it.......}
:p
{sigh} Time to move on
Taras

Post by Taras »

You should definitely drop by. We'll be watching for a blue truck then.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Originally posted by Tempus:
Wonder how far this guy is from the Meet this Saturday? Might be fun if the timing works out so I can manage to pick it up this Sat, and swung by the meet to see some of you folks face to face. If you see a guy in a beatup blue 1980 ford pickup proudly showing off an engine sitting in the back, that would be me :pimp:
That would be great if you manage to swing by after picking up the engine. Just ask the guy you're getting the engine from how to get to Riverport Sports & Entertainment Complex (Steveston Hwy & No. 6 Road).
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

Hard to say if I can make it or not.. Said old ford truck does not have insurance.. (it's driven very infrequently, yet they want a fortune to insure it) I'm told they are checking for insurance at the border these days and don't want to have trouble...

gotta check into renting a truck...
{sigh} Time to move on
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

OK, Corksport said the earlier in the week the better. SO I'm renting a 15' truck (smallest thing they will let me tow my car behind) and will be up to BC this Sat to get the engine.. drop by the meet, and head back home... hook stuff up, and drive down to Corksport very early on Monday...

Have fun folks.. See you at the Meet I hope.. (hard to miss a 15' Budget Rental truck!) If anyone has something they need hauled DOWN to seattle from the meet, let me know... I'll have just a bit of extra capacity LOL.. You'll just have to pick it up Sunday in Maltby (near Woodinville)
{sigh} Time to move on

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”