No Longer Stock

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
RoundTop

No Longer Stock

Post by RoundTop »

Hey guys, long time no posts for me.. been busy as busy can be.

Well...as of today my MX-3 can no longer be considered stock.

Yesterday I was driving up a hill and thought "hey, someone has a hole in their muffler"...I looked around...and realized it was me. *d'oh*.

Now it was the original muffler on my 96...so it has gotten good wear... but the pipe where it goes into the main part of the muffler detached (where it can't be welded back on). So I went to a local shop and got a performance muffler put on. XD (When I'll spend the same if not more on a factory one, I'll take the performance one)

Now I didn't replace all my piping (though the guy offered to do it as well, and is willing to in future). But daaamn is there a performance increase.

I was getting large amounts of backpressure before when shifting at high RPMs or downshifting at a mid-range RPM before..and now it is completely gone..and I have gained a lot of performance.

I will post pics tomorrow when it is light out.

James "RoundTop" Magnan
1996 Black MX-3 GS, Performance muffler
Taras

Re: No Longer Stock

Post by Taras »

That sounds cool, I am sure we will see it at one of the upcoming meets. What's going to be replaced next?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

My upgrade list (long term as I earn very little money right now and have debts to pay off) is as follows (in order):

1) Air intake, I am thinking the PRN kit from corksport
2) Sway bars (front and rear) - probably corksport again
3) Reciever/Speakers (friend works at A&B sound, so I get it at cost)
4) Repipe the exhaust to 2"

I want to keep the exterior looking pretty stock (as I like the stock look). I wouldn't mind putting in some other shocks/struts to lower the car about 1.5", and replacing the tires/rims...but those are expensive and a long way off.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Sounds like you have a good plan going.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”