Rotors!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Jack_Frost

Rotors!

Post by Jack_Frost »

Well, it's time to spend money on the beast again, I neeeed rotors!

I remember talking to someone at last years meet, i think he's from alberta, had some rotors on display...well, laying on the ground anyway.

I had his card, but lost it...

Apart from this guy, paying serious $$ to get direct from KVR, ebay for cheap (brembo x-drilled, im unsure about the actual qual, heard mixed reviews) any suggestions from where to buy from? I'm looking for x-drilled and don't wanna spend a fortune...

Thanks guys!

ps: kev, i know you know this by heart - what are the sizes for our windshield wipers? lol!

<small>[ April 08, 2004, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Jack_Frost ]</small>
DavidOS

Re: Rotors!

Post by DavidOS »

windshield wipers 20 to 21 inches
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

I know who you're talking about. I still have the guys card at home. I'll e-mail his info to ya later tonight.

Driver side is 21, passanger side is 18 and back is 21.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

hey, i bought some from this guy in ontario i think, they are quite good, been on the car for about 3 weeks now and no problem, using oem brake pads too. cheaper than buying any rotors localy, he has no aution now but if you email him he will probably sell you a set of all four. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2462559393&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:CA:6 , his email is fatz@sympatico.ca he charged 35 buck for shipping which was pretty close to actual shipping charge. hope this helps.
1993 White gs klze.
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

Cheers guys, thanks for the info!

Dali - any brand name on them? cool that there's a 1 yr warranty on them though, nice price too!

<small>[ April 14, 2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Jack_Frost ]</small>
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

i will check later when i get home, thay work great, just wish i could have gotten them platted first but i needed them on the car asap.
1993 White gs klze.
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

is the plating just to prevent rust? and is there a noticable diference over stock?
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

hey, cant find the boxes that they came in, im pretty sure they were called fp performance, still no problem, they platting has different uses, there are a couple of different coats that can be put onto the rotor, mostly for not rusting out but if you take care of them they will be ok, also extends the life of the rotor a bit, there are differnt reasons but i never noticed any difference between regular and platted rotors.
1993 White gs klze.
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

well had a huge rain and then snow the last 2 days, the rotors did rust a tiny bit right where they touch the rim, very minimal, think i might paint them till i can get some powder coating or send them off to get platted, the new chrome nuts for the rims rusted way more. oh well, still good looking and they work.
1993 White gs klze.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”