Hey hey!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Jack_Frost

Hey hey!

Post by Jack_Frost »

I passed aircare! Fast passed actually :D

I should post my results of the before and after, quite the difference by just changing a computer! My beast is running fiine!

I know I haven't been around or in touch lately, what's been happing?! Sup Kev, hows the car? ever fix that tranny prob, or is it still ongoing?

So I notice that the online shop manual was pulled due to copyrights...anyone download it while it was up? I had, but I guess got rid of it due to space issues...which i had kept it now! anyone?
MX-West Car Club

Re: Hey hey!

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Originally posted by Jack_Frost:

I know I haven't been around or in touch lately, what's been happing?! Sup Kev, hows the car? ever fix that tranny prob, or is it still ongoing?

The tranny finally kicked the bucket, bit the bullet last weekend. :( I'll replace the cat next year before I have to take it to aircare.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

Wow, tranny lasted a long time! Good that shes back on the road!

Alternator completely going? A buddy once fixed his alty for dollars by just replacing the brushes inside, don't know much more about them, but if you're looking to save a buck, might be worth a look into.

Mines running sweet, only things going are the rotors, need new ones fairly soon, they're feeling a little warped and they're under... group buy?

A ton of little things need to be fixed up, like my passenger 6x9 is hanging by one screw, lol! too friggin cold to work on her right now!
MX-West Car Club

Yeah, that's pretty good the tranny lasted 11 years.

No, the alternator's not completely going. It's just acting up, seem to lose some voltage when it's a little wetter outside. Maybe I'm getting water on it from driving through some puddles. I don't know, just doesn't seem right. I know it's not the battery cause I replaced that about a year ago. If I do change the alternator, I want a higher output one. At least 120 amps like the V6 ones.

I thought you bought new rotors last year. Don't think there's any group buy's going on for rotors.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Hey MX-West where did you get your tranny from and how much did you pay? Because Im currently looking for a tranny for my ZE swap.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX-West Car Club

Originally posted by Talon_66:
Hey MX-West where did you get your tranny from and how much did you pay? Because Im currently looking for a tranny for my ZE swap.
Got it from Ralph's A-Van Auto Wrecking 604-324-5111. Paid $450 for it.

You can also try Ralph's Scott Road Japanese 604-580-5479 or A-Best Auto Wrecking at 604-580-3303.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

Kev - I meant your tranny lasted a good while since the problems first started cropping up, but ya, 11 years is good too :p

Talon - I have a tranny for sale off my old 1.8L, I currently have interested buyers, but it's not sold yet.

<small>[ January 28, 2004, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Jack_Frost ]</small>
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Yeah, I have my usual share of problems too. Coolant leaks, over heating, burning oil, Clutch wining, and I need to start on my Headlight conversion too. I just wish it wasn't winter for so long. :sadwavey: I'm always too busy in the spring and summer.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Taras

Post by Taras »

Speaking of problems, I found out that my clutch slave cylinder is leaking. Just a $70 part, Trying to see if I am too lazy to replace it myself. And yeah, I am still too busy to finish my headlights. Oh, I am so close. Just need another 20 hrs of work.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Yeah, I would say it was at least a year and a half when the problem started.

Thanks for reminding me, I still have to get my driver side front quarter panel fixed and yet to start on my projector project.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Jack Frost, just read that you need some Rotors. I have some 4cyl. stock rotors in my garage. I don't know if they'll fit the V6 mx-3, or if they're what you are looking for, but if you just want to pay shipping, they're yours. They aren't warped, but they are used.

Just throwing it out there as I have no use for them. :)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Originally posted by JDM:
Speaking of problems, I found out that my clutch slave cylinder is leaking. Just a $70 part, Trying to see if I am too lazy to replace it myself. And yeah, I am still too busy to finish my headlights. Oh, I am so close. Just need another 20 hrs of work.
Any Teaser pic of the headlights? :D
MX-West Car Club

Check the Lighting Forum. It's looking good from the pics that I've seen so far. :2thumbsup:
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Kevin????? Tsssts. Monstar, I would love to post what I have done do far, but they are not finished. I find that if I post something, then there is going to be discussion on it and it really just slows me down. I would rather finish them and then post pictures. This way I do not have spend time on the computer, but actually doing the lights. I just need another 20hrs of work I estimate and they should be finished. Sorry.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

Thanks for the rotor offer, but i must decline. Because of my open wheels, i need x-drilled. A short highway stint in heavy rain and i have to prep the brakes before i actually want to break, otherwise i'm just going to keep coasting.

Still not done the headlights!? ;) I'm sure they'll look great when they're done.

I can't wait till winter is over so i can fix the stupid little things that are starting to bug me. It's too cold to work on the car right now. Nothing major though, this engine rocks! :2thumbsup:

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”