Looking for a car

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
flawlesswallis

Looking for a car

Post by flawlesswallis »

Hi all, <p>I am new to this board, but wondering if you could help me out. My girlfriends car was stolen recently and she is still battling it out with ICBC for her settlement. Looking for a new car for her seems to have fallen on my plate, not that I mind. <p>My research seems to tell me that the MX-3 is probably the best bang for her buck. The question I have for everyone here is if there is anything too look out for when buying an MX-3? What tranny and engine combination is best? Problems to look out for?

She is looking to spend under $7000, and as much as I tell her not to worry about color she doesn't want red but whatever. <p>Thanks in advance for your help...<p>Mike Wallis
Soulflare

Re: Looking for a car

Post by Soulflare »

Thats a good choice.... just an advise when looking for a mx3...be sure to chk the timing belt, water pump, chk the tranny, make sure regular service is performed on the car (ie oil/filter change, other fluids)... as over 100k things do tend to need replacing... If it has AC chk when it was last servcied... and go to icbc and pull up some records on the vehicle...good lcuk with the search ^^
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Welcome to our board.<p>Yeah, the auto tranny isn't the greatest. Also check the CV joints and factory springs if they are still on. There was a recall on the springs.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Do not get auto tranny, and for the Manual change the fluid to a synthetic one such as RedLine MTL for example. You can probably pick up a nice GS (V6) fully loaded for the sum of money you have in mind. On the subject of Red, I think that older ones (92-93) have plastic parts (mirrors/bumpers) fade faster in red.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”