Help

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
BEERDDWR

Help

Post by BEERDDWR »

Hey I just got a new air filter system and was wondering what you guys did with that little hose that comes off the air box??<p>Any help would be great!
:shrug:
96 RS DOHC
75 shot zex kit
Ebay Intake and cat back exhaust
Taras

Re: Help

Post by Taras »

You still have to plug it to your intake if we are referring to the same thing.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
BEERDDWR

Post by BEERDDWR »

Thx<p> I put a separate filter on the end of it and it runs fine!<p>But I just wondered if it needed to be hooked up to the intake so the solenoid new how much vacuum there is in the intake?<p>Thx for responding! :)
96 RS DOHC
75 shot zex kit
Ebay Intake and cat back exhaust
rarefaction

Post by rarefaction »

There's really only one hose, so i'm going to assume we're talking about the same one.<p>According to other people on this board, your car will run with or without this line attached. Some people, however, have experienced lower or rougher idle when the vaccuum line is disconnected. I have a PRM intake, which has a nipple to connect the vaccuum hose, so i left mine connected. As far as what exactly the hose does, i have no idea. I just kept telling myself that it made sure that air was going into the engine and not leaving it.<p>What kind of filter did you install? If it doesn't have a tit for the hose, you might be able to make one. Then again, your car seems to run fine.<p>:::::::::::::<p>Deuces,
RFX
"In order to fly, one needs only to hurl themselves at the ground... and miss."<p>'93 MX-3 GS (Black) - PRM intake, Sparco Globe-X knob and Grip pedals, Alpine CDA-7892, 2 10" MTX Eliminators in "custom" (read, homemade) box.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”