Does this sound like a fair price?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Austoon

Does this sound like a fair price?

Post by Austoon »

I found this car and was wondering if it sounds like a good deal?

93 mazda mx3 percidia, white, 2dr, 5spd v6, 218,000km, runs excellent, new exhaust, new breaks, new air intake, many many other new parts with receipts. $4600 obo

I talked to the guy and he said the car runs amazing, BUT the only problem is there are 2 spots that surface rust is startin to form.
Not to sure what all the other "new" parts are but i'll find that out when i meet up with him to look at the car.

So when i go take a look at it and if it looks good does $4600 sound like a good price?
Or
do u think i should i offer $4000 or lower? (this is canadian $ by the way)
Typhoonk

Re: Does this sound like a fair price?

Post by Typhoonk »

Never hurts to ask $4000.

And bring a newspaper, so you can lie down on it too look at the undercarriage and see what's up down there.

And look around the valve covers for built up oil and grease deposits. Don't want a leak on those V6's

Good luck and hope it's the one for you!! :2thumbsup:
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

thats sounds about right. you might get a lot of "no dont buy it, its too expensive" replys but a lot of people on here im sure dont know that cars out east in that area cost more then anywhere else in canada for some reason :shrug:

i say if it looks good, go for it, but try to bring him as low as he will go
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Austoon

Post by Austoon »

Was wondering if anyone could help me out with some stuff?

I gotta convice my parents because they will be the ones co-signin for my loan since i just started a new job so im not gettin enough hrs yet to get the loan by myself.

Everytime i find a good mx-3 it seems like everyone is tryin to stop me from gettin it.
So i was wonderin if anyone could help me out with puttin some facts/stats or anything that would prove its a good car to buy.
They are also tellin me to get a "newer" car that wont have problems with it and that parts will be easier to find.
So like anything ppl can think of that would maybe help me get them to smartin the hell up! would be great.

Thanks

<small>[ August 26, 2004, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Austoon ]</small>
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

well tell them that you can buy brand new low mileage engine for $500 hows that? thats better than paying mechanics to do timing belt in your honda for $600+ huh
you get low mile engine for $500 depending where you get it from, parts are interchangeable, you can get engine for as low as $200 from probes klde, and its not your old cavalier, these engines run up to 300,ooo miles if maintained properly without rebuild. automatic transmissions suck on these cars, so do all others cars, so stick with stick.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My stock 95 GS just turned 218,000km and I got 35 MPG from my last tank of gas. Tell em that.

:2thumbsup:
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

35mpg in gs? something's wrong here, no gs gets more than 25mpg
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”