wiring LEDS?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
airjordon_09

wiring LEDS?

Post by airjordon_09 »

does anyone know how to hook up the little single leds? if anyone has any good diagrams or anything, that would be great. thanks
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Grants
BANNED Member

Re: wiring LEDS?

Post by Grants »

You need a resistor in series with the LED, don't know what size but I've seen some good threads in Lighting about this. Do a search there and you should find all the info you need.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

what are you using the LED for?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

I have switches in my car... on both switches i wanted LED's to light up when they were active (these switches control various lights (interior and exterior), this way i could tell if my lights were off or on without having to get out of the car and look.. etc... anyways..i didn't hook up any resisters to my LED's... i just just ran my positive from the battery terminal.. to one side of the dip switch.. then ran the other side of the switch to the LED, and to the neons. then i grounded the LED and the Neons seperately. Works fine, i've repeated this tons of times on many cars... always works.. and always looks professional. Parts at RadioShack for the LED and the switch is only like $5.00

-Chris
1994 RS DOHC, Modified Cold Air Intake, Clear Corners all around, Black Altezza Tail lights. Blue cold cathodes in driver / passenger foot areas. Lowerd on Evotion Springs (1.75 drop F/R) with KYB GR2 struts. Sitting on 17x7 (40 mm offset) 5 Spoke rims with KUHMO 205/40/R17 Tires.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807557
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

thanks guys, but i got it all working, i already had the resistors and everything, just had a couple of ideas on how i was going to work it but finally decided

thanks again
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”