Tinted Glass

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
GMGQ

Tinted Glass

Post by GMGQ »

Has anyone locally looked into getting tinted glass for our car? If so, how much are we looking at? TIA
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
pizzamr2

Re: Tinted Glass

Post by pizzamr2 »

Arn't they usally per window?<P>for mx-3's it's really only 1 window eh.<P>so it maybe a bit cheaper
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Huh? I'm talking about the 2 side windows. <P>Isn't each side curved differently?<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pizza:<BR><STRONG>Arn't they usally per window?<P>for mx-3's it's really only 1 window eh.<P>so it maybe a bit cheaper</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: GMGQ ]
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thrills

Post by Thrills »

I paid 150 here over here in Vic for the rear hatch, as well as the two sides. The hatch is a b*tch though, the guy was half in, half out, and upsidedown in my trunk.. (kinda funny to watch!) but it turned out really well.<p>[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: Thrills ]
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

I'm not talking about Tinting your windows by sticking some tint film on the glass.<P>I'm talking about glass that's not clear. Like the ones that are tinted from the factory. The tint is INSIDE the glass.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrills:<BR><STRONG>I paid 150 here over here in Vic for the rear hatch, as well as the two sides. The hatch is a b*tch though, the guy was half in, half out, and upsidedown in my trunk.. (kinda funny to watch!) but it turned out really well.<P>[ November 07, 2002: Message edited by: Thrills ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Taras

Post by Taras »

Gary, it is very popular in europe to do this, you can get mirror tints sprayed onto your windows, the bummer part would be that you have to take your windows out, so it is very expensive, plus non-reversible.<BR>Cheers<BR>TT
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Had a friend who did it to a Civic and it cost him 800 dollars canadian, and that was from a contact he had from the inside. Not sure if that helps out a bit on how much it could cost.<p>[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: your2slow ]
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Wow, yeah thanks, that helps a lot. Yeah, cuz film tint for the front windows is illegal here :(<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by your2slow:<BR><STRONG>Had a friend who did it to a Civic and it cost him 800 dollars canadian, and that was from a contact he had from the inside. Not sure if that helps out a bit on how much it could cost.<P>[ November 08, 2002: Message edited by: your2slow ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Chris Wilson

Post by Chris Wilson »

lol I worked at a tint shop and mx-3's are not that hard to tint I can do the rear hach in 1 peice with no problem.<P>usually it costs like $45-$50 per window
Shades

Post by Shades »

Ask Sean, or OrangeGSR... I do believe he got his done... I could be wrong.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Contact Sean or talk to him tomorrow if you're coming out for the meet. He's got a 38% tint on his side windows. This is the lowest you can go with the side windows tinted and not get a ticket. I like it and might consider doing it later on.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”