lower springs

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
yutik

lower springs

Post by yutik »

I don't know much about mod. parts. i want to lower my car. i got 17" rim on right now. have been shop around but don't know what springs are right for it. the best i check was some H & R springs which cost around $350.00ca. (not installed) it said that it lowers 1.3" for the front and 1.5" for the back. Any other susguestion? brands? where to get them around vancouver area? Thanks everyone :roll:
Have fun "MXing" <~~ i like that word

94: MX3 GS with lotz of toys
MX-West Car Club

Re: lower springs

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Majority of us in the club are running H&R's on our MX-3s. $350 is a little high for them. Eibach is suppose to be bringing back springs for the MX-3. I think Intrax springs were a 1.75" drop. How much do you want to lower your car? Try Overseas Auto, Driver's Edge, Boom Plus Toys?, Toys 4 Wheels, Garage 5, etc.<P>What else have you done to you MX-3?
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

Don't go toys 4 wheels, remember what I said? They did a shyyt job, screwed some stuff up...shoddy, shoddy work.<P>Lower it yourself! It'll only take you a night!<P>And yea, I'm happy with my H&R's, though coilovers would be nice...<p>[ October 09, 2002: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
MX-West Car Club

Definitely don't get them installed at Toys 4 Wheels, oh yea I remember. Just a suggetion to see if they sold lowering springs for our cars. I haven't been keeping track on who sells what around town anymore. If you have time, patients and a set of spring compressors, install them yourself. Get a wheel alignment done after you install them.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
yutik

Post by yutik »

first of all.. thanks for repley.. was happy to see responds.. i don't think i want to lower it a lot.. 1.3-1.5.. i am ok for it. if $350.00 is kinda high for the H&R.. where can i find it at lower cost? <P>i work in future shop. i don't have much mod for my car but i got a decent system in my car. Sony mp3 player, sony 7" screen for the PS2.. 1000w rms MTX amp + 2 ch. amp, 10" subs. "hey guyz.. i also have a very good alarm system in my car too.. so.. stay out.. LoL. 17" rims and a big exhaust system "which is too loud" haha.. hope i won't get a ticket for it from the cops. let me know if any of u guyz want any system from future shop.. i will try my best to hook u guyz up with some cost price.. ^^ sh.sh.... don't tell my manager.. =P

yutik

Post by yutik »

Oh yea... and i keep track on the mailing list about the Eibachs. but i didn't hear any updates yea... um... anyhow..<P>94/v6/white MX..

MX-West Car Club

You'll have to shop around and get the best price you can. Are you sticking with just buying from a shop in Van or would you be willing to get the springs from a shop out in the burbs? While you're calling around for pricing, might as well check to see if Eibach<P>Which FS do you work at. That would be sweet if you can hook us up with stuff, hope you mngr doesn't read this forum.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
yutik

Post by yutik »

hehe.. yea... i work in the one in richmond No. 3rd.<P>i just want to pick the spring around here since i don't have time at all to get it from far far places. I don't think i mind at all if they are used too. so.. if any 1 have some good deals.. let me know.. And yea.. about $350. is pretty much the best i come to for the H&R.. but still searching......

MX-West Car Club

Richmond :roll: , worst place to go now a days. I only go to Ironwood Plaza once in a while when I need my skates sharpened. Is it still bad out there?<P>Check the Buy & Sell and have you checked with all the perfromance shops down in ditchman. If we hear of any group buys or sales on lowering springs, we'll let ya know.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
yutik

Post by yutik »

yea.. i did.. but really nothing much from buy & sell cuz ours are mazada... not honda..ha..<BR>yea... if anyones have any good deals.. let me know.. <BR>icq# 462013<BR>msn: yutik@hotmail.com<P>thanks all

Q187

Post by Q187 »

B+G has a 1.6" drop all the way around. $199 on Corksport.
Thrills

Post by Thrills »

199USD is basically 350 canadian anyways.. plus shipping and duty!! stupid border..<P>anyways,(i'm new here - first post!) if you guys end up doing a group buy i'd be interested. i'm in vic..
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Yeah but I think i'de rather have a 1.6" drop all the way around than a 1.3" in front and 1.5" in the rear.
Thrills

Post by Thrills »

aahhh yes, definitely. i want to stuff 18's in there, so i'm a little concerned about how much drop i will be able to have.
yutik

Post by yutik »

HAHAHAHA.. you 2 funny cake.. lol<BR>i have 17".. um... 1.6 or 1.3 .. or 1.5.. it doens't make a big diff for me since i just want a bit lower.. <BR>but yea.. 199 US is kinda expensive..<BR>still checking.. =P<BR>thanks for the input.. waiting waiting waiting and searching searching.. searching.....

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”