Cork Sport Mazda Meet

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Cork Sport Mazda Meet

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Cork Sport in Portland, OR is holding their 2K2 Cork Sport Mazda Event - Show & Shine, BBQ, TSD Rally on Saturday August 31st, 2002 from 12 noon to 4 pm. For more info you can find it at <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com/bbq.htm." TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com/bbq.htm.</A> It is recommended that you pre-register with Cork Sport either by phone: 1-503-252-5700 or by e-mail: Inquiry@corksport.com if you will be attending the meet to reserve space. There will be a Complimentary Raffle Draw, Prizes for the Best in Modified and Stock Classes for the Mazda Show & Shine. They will also be holding a TSD Rally on the morning of the Meet, you can also find the info for this at <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com/bbq.htm." TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com/bbq.htm.</A> :) <P>We at MX-West Car Club will be heading down to attend this event, have some fun and meet other Mazda owners. :( The drive is to Portland is just over 5 - 5.25 hours with bathroom & gas breaks from Vancouver, BC. You will be required to make your own arrangements for accommodations in Portland. Cork Sport is located near Portland International Airport.<p>[ August 08, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Cork Sport Mazda Meet

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR><STRONG>Cork Sport in Portland, OR is holding their 2K2 Cork Sport Mazda Event - Show & Shine, BBQ, TSD Rally on Saturday August 31st, 2002 from 12 noon to 4 pm. For more info you can find it at <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com/bbq.htm." TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com/bbq.htm.</A> It is recommended that you pre-register with Cork Sport either by phone: 1-503-252-5700 or by e-mail: Inquiry@corksport.com if you will be attending the meet to reserve space. There will be a Complimentary Raffle Draw, Prizes for the Best in Modified and Stock Classes for the Mazda Show & Shine. They will also be holding a TSD Rally on the morning of the Meet, you can also find the info for this at <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com/bbq.htm." TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com/bbq.htm.</A> :) <P>We at MX-West Car Club will be heading down to attend this event, have some fun and meet other Mazda owners. :( The drive is to Portland is just over 5 - 5.25 hours with bathroom & gas breaks from Vancouver, BC. You will be required to make your own arrangements for accommodations in Portland. Cork Sport is located near Portland International Airport.<P>[ August 08, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> If any of you guys want to come the night before and need somewhere to stay you can camp out at my house. Just lemme know who needs somewhere to stay.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX-West Car Club

Thanks for the offer Jarid. We'll let you know if we need to crash at your place for the night or 2. Right now we are looking at booking at one of the hotels by the airport. Will you be providing the tent. :D <P>Thanks
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR><STRONG>Thanks for the offer Jarid. We'll let you know if we need to crash at your place for the night or 2. Right now we are looking at booking at one of the hotels by the airport. Will you be providing the tent. :D <P>Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Hahaha. Actually I live in a two bedroom townhouse. But I have a large family room and a guest bedroom. Theres plenty of room.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
MX-West Car Club

I don't know the exact number of people that will be heading down for the meet from the club. There might be quite a few of us. I'm still waiting to hear from the Protege 5 and Miata club.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I wish I could go but I don't think I could handle a 15 hour drive right now. Make sure to take a lot of pictures for me. Hopefully Edison gets the MX-West 2002 stuff done so that he can post the Cork Sport pics too. Have fun everyone! :D
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hey there James :) Edison is almost finished with the 2002 MX-3 Meet pictures (actually I'm done, just finishing the HTML for it), and yes I will be posting the pics that'll be taken at Cork Sport, provided I find the server space...<P>In total, the site is now 50+ MB, and takes up all the Tripod space, along with three Shaw web-space accounts :D<p>[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: -=MagMan=- ]
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Well, if you like...I might be able to lend you another 10 MB or so from the WyldSidetech.com server. I'll check into it.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
MX-West Car Club

Oh yeah, we'll definitely take alot of pics for you guys that can't make it down to the meet. It should be a good one. :D :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Anyone else going down for this me besides Brian, Shone and myself.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

For those of you who couldn't make out to the meet, it was worth taking time off and driving to Portland to attend this year's Cork Sport Mazda Meet. They had a really good turn out for their very first meet, at least 30+ cars there. Pics will be going up on the site at a later date. We had a good time down there and got a chance to meet other Mazda owners, can't wait till the next meet. Drove down to Canyon Beach on sunday, very nice, better than White Rock. :) :) <P>Brian, I think I'll ask my bro in-law to pick up a case of Red Bull for us. :D :D :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

In all there were five mx-3s including the Corskport MX. It was nice to see some friendly faces from mxwest there.<BR> Image<p>[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: cjthor ]
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”