WTB: MX3 in lower mainland.

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
littledog

WTB: MX3 in lower mainland.

Post by littledog »

Looking for a MX3 in the lower mainland.<BR>Preferably a V6 but the 4 cylinder is fine too.<BR>Must have A/C and under 160000km.<P>Thanks<BR>Jacky<BR>jkn@sfu.ca
MX-West Car Club

Re: WTB: MX3 in lower mainland.

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Look in the Buy & Sell paper or on-line at <A HREF="http://www.buysell.com" TARGET=_blank>www.buysell.com</A> and AutoTrader paper. If you search in the BC automotive section on-line, make sure you do a search under "mazda" or "mazda mx3". I find that the paper has more MX-3s listed than the web site. One with A/C is gonna be a little harder to find. Hope to see you at our future events with your MX-3.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
littledog

Post by littledog »

Thanks for the tips.<BR>Just wondering why most of them don't have AC? Was it a very expensive option at that time?
MX-West Car Club

I asked the Mazda dealership when I bought my MX-3 way back and they said it was an additional $1,000 for A/C option.<p>[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

Holy shizzam! $1000... what a rip!<P>Oh, definately check out buysell.com I found that the online would be updated before the paper would, makes sense... since the paper only comes out every 2 weeks. Also I found there were more cars online than in the paper.<P>Beware, well when I was looking for a MX-3 I found that most V6's were driven to the shiat's and back.<P>Are you looking for stick or automatic?<BR>What's your budget? <BR>I see you have an Eagle Talon... is this gonna be your project car?<p>[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: Shades ]
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
littledog

Post by littledog »

No wonder most of them don't have A/C.<P>The MX3 is going to be my brother's car. The budget is about 6000-7000. He needs a car for school in Sept and I think that a MX-3 is a pretty nice choice. Not too expensive and great on gas.<P>By the way, is there any particular things I should look out for? Thanks.
MX-West Car Club

Yeah, that's pretty much what I said to myself when the salesman told me the price for A/C.<P>Obtain all service records if you can, have a mechanic check the car thouroughly, check to see if the owner has done a full service tune-up on the car (changed all belts, water pump, brake pads, valve cover gaskets, clutch, etc.), watch out for the CV Joints - check to see if they are leaking or not.<p>[ August 01, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Damien

Post by Damien »

Kevin, Im curious to know if maybe u had an opinion on what i should sell my car for, im looking for a newer mx-3 (96 possibly) im asking 8500 right now for it stock (without wheels, stereo and under car neons), it has new clutch, head gasket+ all other gaskets, new belts and cv joints no accidents and 145,500 kilometers, i was asking u cause u have seen it, its 94 rs and comes with viper alarm, cd player and blue xenon headlights. Just wondering what u think its worth i guess <P>sorry for not posting a new topic, just thought id ask since the subject is on mx3 sales :)
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
MX-West Car Club

Hey Damien, that's fine because you're selling your MX-3 and littledog's looking to buy one. It's still related. Now if you said you had misc parts for sale, then you should start a new topic.<P>You've still got some decent mileage on the car. You should be able to get at least $7,500 - 8,500 for it. Also look at the Buy & Sell to see what other people are selling their MX-3 for and you'll see some people are asking way too much. Use it as a reference guide.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Damien

Post by Damien »

Thnx Kevin :)
2004 Nissan Xterra - Daily Driver
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - Sold
1994 MX-3 RS - Selling
Searching for a new performance car to buy, cant decide.

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/omenmx3
Mehran

Post by Mehran »

Email me at ...mehran@shaw.ca....... I am planning to place my MX-3/1993-4cyl for sell.... You are welcome to look at it.... You have to see it first before talking about the asking priece. It is a very clean car and has 167000 km<P>thx<P>MN :)
littledog

Post by littledog »

Check your email :)

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”