Just Installed my S-afc 2

What's the best intake? How do I swap a BPT? All common 4cyl questions are answered in this archive only forum.
mxk

Just Installed my S-afc 2

Post by mxk »

Hey guys, so i finally ditched my emanage and picked up an safc2 instead. Must say, its much easier to use if your new to tuning. Anyways even in the middle of the night the install was pretty easy, however theres not much room to work with under there.

Anyways I was just wondering if anyone can explain to me what the airflow usage ratio is? Its one of the monitor options but i have no idea wtf those numbers are for?

Oh yea and if anyone needs to know the wiring schematics for this bad boy on a DOHC, let me know!
mxk

Re: Just Installed my S-afc 2

Post by mxk »

I'm bored so i thought id post my schematics anyways. This information is similar to what maldo posted a while back for the SOHC on a SAFC 1. There was only one difference I think between what he had and what I posted, but its nice to have something for both engines.

This is for a '95 Mx-3 DOHC

SAFC side ------------ ECU SIDE
Red Wire (Power) ----- 1B
Gray Wire (TPS) ------ 2M
Green Wire (RPM) ----- 2E
Brown Wire (Ground 1)- 2C Closer to ECU
Black Wire (Ground 2)- 2C Further from ECU
White Wire (Airflow) - 2O Wire going to MAF Sensor
Yellow Wire (Airflow)- 2O Wire Comming off ECU Harness

Some people also connect the blue wire to the Oxygen Sensor (2N) but i didnt do this, because I already have my A/F gauge connected to it.

Also I have mine set on Hotwire sensor 11, and it seems to be running fine so far.

If anyone has any other questions or suggestions let me know!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Just Installed my S-afc 2

Post by Custommx3 »

Moved to 4cl FAQ.

Return to “4-Cyl. FAQ”