1320 story time: READ!!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Shady469
Supporting Member

1320 story time: READ!!

Post by Shady469 »

we arrived at the track (VMP) about an hour after we had hoped and got stuck in the tech line for half an hour. needless to say i was very anxious and wanted to run. i got a call from someone in the stands who reported some of the times which were in the mid 15-16 range. i hoped it wasnt a sign of my future times...
we get out of tech and strait to the staging lanes where i get paired up w/ a mean sounding civic hatch. at this point the track temp is around 100 degrees. we get to the burn-out box and i try and spray the chiller kit but realize that it is completely empty. so i'm freaking out while the civic does a hellacious burn-out. i know i'm going to lose. we pull up to the tree and i rev it to ~2k. green; i dump the clutch and bog horribly. the civic shoots out of the hole. the turbo spools and as i hit 3rd i blow by the civic, holding 4th till the traps. 14.6 @100 to the civic 15.0.
to some this may be good but i wanted more, so i head back to the lanes. get paired up with another hatch. i rev it to 2500 this time and hit a 14.3 @98. i knew she had more in her but i parked her until the night session.
after getting the bottled filled and consulting with JWMotorsports we turned the boost up 2pi and added a little fuel to the top end. when the night session began the track temp was ~60 degrees. once again i'm lined up with a civic. i calmly reach back and crack open the bottle and hearing the n2o rush out gets my adrenaline going.
as i approach the tree i give it 3 good sprays which gets a rise out of the crowd. i take it to 3500 this time and wait. light turns green i dump the clutch and the nittos are doing everything they can to keep traction causing some wheel hop which continued through 2nd but once into 3rd it was all over... she hooked and pinned me back. once again i held 4th until the traps. slowing down i knew it was a good run, but little did i know:
R/T:... .332
60'... 2.276
330... 6.00
1/8th ... 9.039
mph ... 80.93
1000 ... 11.684
1/4 ... 13.911
mph ... 101.29
(to the civics 17.794 @ 84.11)
i get my slip and i cant believe it. at this point i know i could hit a 13.5, so i head back to the staging lanes ready to add a few more psi and spray the chiller down the track. but apparently there were to many cars in the open session so everyone only got one run. i was extremely upset needless to say. but overall i am pleased.
these runs where on 205-55-14 nitto 555r's on 13.5 psi of boost and NOT spraying the chiller down the track; just at the line.
so in closing: the kl-ze vs B6t poll should be re-evaluated.
kliff notes: B6T powered MX-3 goes 13.9 @ 101.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
papa roached

Re: 1320 story time: READ!!

Post by papa roached »

give it time my friend, im going for 13s N/A on the KL-ZE, just got some new toys to help, check out my thread in the pics section, AWSOME run BTW man, good to see some MX-3s rippin it up
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

nice times man i can't wait to get my car running
almost got everything i need just trying to figure out what fuel control i'm gonna use

megasquirt - msd btm, sds or haltech
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Nice times but I still don't think that B6T v. ZE poll should be re-evaluated, sorry. Slap a little NOS or a small *** 5psi on a ZE and it'll smack fire out of that 13.9, they got a turbo ZE Probe on PT running mid 12s with no traction. And add a turbo onto the DE and it hits low 13s easily, and those are w/o nitrous. I still like B series Mazda engines, but the K series is far superior, hehe. Especially after CZT finishes all their products coming out soon for K engines. :2thumbsup:
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by Illa Killa:
Nice times but I still don't think that B6T v. ZE poll should be re-evaluated, sorry. Slap a little NOS or a small *** 5psi on a ZE and it'll smack fire out of that 13.9, they got a turbo ZE Probe on PT running mid 12s with no traction. And add a turbo onto the DE and it hits low 13s easily, and those are w/o nitrous. I still like B series Mazda engines, but the K series is far superior, hehe. Especially after CZT finishes all their products coming out soon for K engines. :2thumbsup:
Laff.. Ever seen what a turbo B can do? This is poitnless anyways we can claim all we want. but unelss one of us has some real numbers to throw down we are pissin in the wind

Anyways good to see a turbo 4 running some good times finally.. Best of luck to ya

<small>[ April 25, 2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: torpedan ]</small>
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

hey thats pretty nice runs, and even more nicer beating honda 3 times in row, congrats
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

OK maybe i jumped the gun on saying the poll should be re-evaluated but i'm just saying several things: That MPH is good for a Mid/Low 13 sec pass, the only N20 i'm using is spraying the intercooler(none being injected into the motor), i'm still using the stock IHI VJ-14 which is one of the smallest i've ever seen, and the motor only has 132hp stock compared to the 200 of your allmighty K-series. it's all about efficiency... which myself, tim and aaron have all proved in our own right.
another note: i'm far from done making power. i'm sure we'll have a seasons recap discussion w/ some impressive B-series in the line up.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I was jokin around, thats a good time and now all the 4 banger people are gonna be poppin off that turbo 4s are better than the 6s again. I know a few of you 4 bangers are gonna be very impressive this summer. Remember, I used to own a 4 also so I know they got potential. I just like my 6 better, especially in a few months after the turbo.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Personally im hopping to get into the 14's...my best time is 15.08 something, the 14.75 is someone else driving...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

You all ain't seen $H!T yet!!!! I've got a mountain of parts at Corksport and according to Derrick my pile is by FAR the largest....and we ain't talkin RANDOM bull$h!t parts either. Years of research n development have culminated a NASTY line of goodies from....Accel, HKS, ACT, Mazdaspeed out tha Yin-Yang, custom machining, 9:1 compression.....lets just say the only parts I'm waiting for Derrick to get in hand are my crank and the bearings for the bottom end! Then it's going back together. And I'll show you a B Series running 11's on pump gas with LOW moderate boost! It's gonna be SiCk!!!!!! The motor will only be about a little over halfway to it's completed build. :freak: :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

We could have put Shady's car 13 flat....possibly high 12's. Once the boost is set to 16psi, add about 2% more fuel on the top end, and spray the chiller all the way down the track it'll be there. With a little chassis work I KNOW I can put him in the 12's using the VJ-14 turbo! :welder:
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

i talked to Derrick about those cams and switching to a Pro LX ecu... should be good fun top end.
BTW JWMotorsports is my hero... his turbo is about the size of the one on my dodge ram turbo diesel... well maybe not THAT big but its freakin huge. if he can track it it'll be a 10 sec street car. b-series+BIG turboes! :love:
PS thanx for your help at the track man... let me know when your puttin everything together so i can come down and help.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

No problem. As for the rest of you who are looking for a good turbo manifold for your 1.6 DOHC (it'll be for the b6t). I'm custom fabricating mine and having it ceramic coated. If it works out well, doesn't crack, etc... I'll be fabricating extras and selling them. I'm currently trying to get my hands on an affordable tig welder for my own use. Untill then I'll have to use a friend of mines machine shop. His car is pushing 1120HP ALL MOTOR and turns the 1/8th mile around 5sec. Anyway the manifolds I'm doing can have what ever turbo flange you want welded onto it. As for pricing etc... I won't know until after I'm done w/ mine. :welder:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Originally posted by JWMotorsports:
No problem. As for the rest of you who are looking for a good turbo manifold for your 1.6 DOHC (it'll be for the b6t). I'm custom fabricating mine and having it ceramic coated. If it works out well, doesn't crack, etc... I'll be fabricating extras and selling them. I'm currently trying to get my hands on an affordable tig welder for my own use. Untill then I'll have to use a friend of mines machine shop. His car is pushing 1120HP ALL MOTOR and turns the 1/8th mile around 5sec. Anyway the manifolds I'm doing can have what ever turbo flange you want welded onto it. As for pricing etc... I won't know until after I'm done w/ mine. :welder:
Man dont get our hopes up!! Put my name on the list for one.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

Great to see the turbo 4cyl MX3s representing. Put me down for one of these manifolds also.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”