fastest mx-3

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
dPmunky

fastest mx-3

Post by dPmunky »

i know this has probably been done, but i was kinda curious what the best 1/4 mile times are w/different setups like whats the best w/the ze n/a, ze w/turbo, the ze w/nos....and on and on and on....because i hear all kinds of times (ze w/no mods 14.3-14.5)is there like a "the best" page where you can look em' up? if not their should be
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
killerpickle

Re: fastest mx-3

Post by killerpickle »

i think the fastest active mx-3 on this forum belongs to aaron the hic. Just a smidge over 13.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
Ruben MX-3

Post by Ruben MX-3 »

what about the mx-3 with the rx-7 motor? isnt that faster? anyone kno what that runs?
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

we only posted non-sponsored times on the board. this has been asked 5 times this year,<p>sept 1/4 mile drag board has all the times and setups
13.023 @ 105 mph
curve

Post by curve »

hey arron drop me an email I want to talk to you about your car. I went to the track about 2 weeks ago and run a 13.46 at 103 and Im just curious about what are differences are.
93 KLZED Mx-3 with MSD ignition, LSD tranny, clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, short throw shifter, underdrive pulleys, Nology plug wires, header with open 2.5" exhaust and ractive muffler, and of course 125 shot Zex system with bottle heater electric bottle opener and purge valve, all autometer carbon fiber gauges, (Dash is completely custom in the gauge cluseter area), alpine deck with 6 disc changer, orion 32 band digital eq, 5 Linear power amplifiers, 2 alpine digital crossovers, 1 JL w5 12" woofer fiberglassed into the spare tire hole, q-form kick panels with 5 1/4 and tweeters, fiberglassed door panels and rear panels, alpine security system, also ground control coilovers, 17" Konig wheels with nitto tires, ractive rear strut tower brace, cross drilled and slotted roters on all 4 corners, GTR rear spoiler, 2 Sets of neons, and clear bumper and corner lights. I cant take credit for building this car it belonged to another mx-3er who built the whole thing and if you would like to see it being built go to Woodyscustomcreations.com

1/4 mile times 13.46 at 103
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

what about Dave Lauzier's low 11 Mx-3?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

see, i was just wondering, because im a fan of N/A engines...i wanted to put in a ze w/all the fixin's ...lighter flywheel, wt. reduction, pulleys, filters, strong motor mounts, stage 3 clutch, short throw, EVERYTHING and it seems like no one can touch 13 w/o nos...(which i hate by the way) so i guess i'll just have to upgrade to the viper..... :) ....i wish
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Etienne Daoust

Post by Etienne Daoust »

DAve Lauzier have sold his car about a year ago and now he owns a 1000hp Protegé. His previous Mx-3 is the fastest Mx-3 in the world, and would have been faster thant 11 seconds if it asn't been of his gearbox who couldn't support that. Now the new owner have changed the whole engine-transmission setting for something more reliable, and still manage 11seconds time. I've seen it this summer at the track, first time in the mids 11's, second time he didn't started, the engine broke down.
1993 GSR
http://www.mx-3quebec.com/
2004 New York meet Head Organizer
http://www.competitiontuning.net
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

Jeff abrams mx ran 13.6 @ 107 when it was supercharged and now its turbo and has 60 more hp to the wheels so it could probably run faster than it did before
Turbo 2.5l mx3
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

Originally posted by mx34u2nve:
Jeff abrams mx ran 13.6 @ 107 when it was supercharged and now its turbo and has 60 more hp to the wheels so it could probably run faster than it did before
didnt you buy the car off him ??
Could you email me some pix of the whole and its engine and interior so i can host for other people to see.

Back to the topic now. :p
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

Originally posted by mx34u2nve:
brandon ran 13.5 at 101 all motor so 13.6 is no big feat
13.023 @ 105 mph
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

iam sure jeff's car had some traction problems when he had a supercharger... so it could do alot better now, especially with slicks and limited slip if it's not in the car.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Etienne Daoust:
DAve Lauzier have sold his car about a year ago and now he owns a 1000hp Protegé.
1000hp? thats alot, i cant seem to belive it...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Building 1000HP isn't that hard to belive. It isn't that hard to build HUGE HP numbers if you have time to do the fabrication and lots of math. Most 4cyl cars doing that are running HUGE turbo's that require them to spray nitrous coming out of the hole, or the turbo won't even spool. So between the 150hp wet shot, progessive contoller, T-88 turbo, Ball Bearing center sections, 10:1 compession, and methanol, etc... it's becoming pretty common to see 1000+HP 4cyl engines. The reason most aren't pushing those numbers is because they can't track it up. That gonna be my problem. My car when completed will with out a doubt lay down a MINIMUM of 500HP to the wheels using the 1.6l B6T powerplant w/ 9:1 compression. I could build it to do 1000+HP but I'd NEVER be able to track it with todays technology. The 500WHP I'll be pushing will be streetable. My turbo will do 420HP and I'm shooting 150HP shot of nitrous on a progressive controller, + a LOT of other mods. My BIGGEST problem will be tracking up this power efficiently. :freak:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

jeremy where are we going to tune that stand-alone? (no tickets the first time out please) :p
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”