Finally ran my mx

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Mx-3SHO

Finally ran my mx

Post by Mx-3SHO »

After having my 92 gs for six months I finally ran my mx would have done it sooner but had a 3 mouth licinces suspetion and I finally got a battery brace. The best out of 8 runs was a 16.92@79.93mph thats with 17's 3\4 tank of gas, taking out the rear sets and spare. all with a 122000 miles stok motor and paceseter shoet shifter.
David Coleman

Re: Finally ran my mx

Post by David Coleman »

Automatic or manual?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mx-3SHO:<BR><STRONG>all with a 122000 miles stok motor and paceseter shoet shifter.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> :D :D
NoVa<p>Image
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>Automatic or manual?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> LOL
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Well, that MPH is pretty low for a manual, which is why I was hoping maybe it was a slushbox. MPH indicates power, so I'm guessing you're a smidge down. Launch and shift points?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

Nothing wrong with Automatics although it would be nice if i could be able to drive my Dads MR2 with out looking stupid by grinding.... Stalling ECT :D..... plus i've done some pretty wild shiznit in my auto RS :D <P>although it would of been nice if the Mini dealer here didn't have misleading radio ads otherwise we woulda gotten a Mini Cooper S and sold the MR2 :D<p>[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ]
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sean_hibbitts:<BR>[QB<BR>although it would of been nice if the Mini dealer here didn't have misleading radio ads otherwise we woulda gotten a Mini Cooper S and sold the MR2 :D<P>[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ][/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> Misleading ad? What they say?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

Well they ran an Ad on the radio ouut being able to lease a Mini Cooper S for like 199 or 299 Mo........ but the neglected to mention 6000 down deposit or any of that other fine print so :)<p>[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ]
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sean_hibbitts:<BR><STRONG>Well they ran an Ad on the radio ouut being able to lease a Mini Cooper S for like 199 or 299 Mo........ but the neglected to mention 6000 down deposit or any of that other fine print so :)<P>[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: sean_hibbitts ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Well if you want more pics or MINI goodies just ask. I got a bizillion pics :o
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Mx-3SHO

Post by Mx-3SHO »

it is a manual remeber I have a shortshifter I launched at 3500 to 4000 and shifted at 7500 to 7700
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mx-3SHO:
it is a manual remeber I have a shortshifter I launched at 3500 to 4000 and shifted at 7500 to 7700<hr></blockquote>
Hmmm. Dont you have a rev limiter? I know if I try and go over 6500 it starts misfirin cylinders.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Mx-3SHO

Post by Mx-3SHO »

yes i have a revlimiter in nutaral it starts pouncing at 7700 and in gear it would usally go to 7700 but sometimes it started at 7500
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

Don't you love the sound of a motor banging off the rev limiter in neutral :eek: <p>
baaabaabababababaaaaabaaabbababaaababbab<p>This is what engineers dread when they release a motor to the general public
13.023 @ 105 mph
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

when u launch an automatic do u just floor it or do u put in into neutral? some idiot was first in line in his new automatic saturn sc2 and ruined my first drag experience. he blew his tranny and i had to push him off the track at palmdale in the summer. i ran 17.2 there stock. and "custom distributor" it cut out a lot and died a few weeks later. it was so hot out this old couple in their own ford lightenings were running consistent 15.1's and my friends type-r was having a hard time runing 15.2
bit of topic but i just looked at the specs for
the 1.6 sc... and 160/6000 155/4000 it starts pulling a little less but sooner than a kl... im impressed...
Dismay

Post by Dismay »

Well when I race an automatic, I hold down the brake and rev the motor up right before the torque converter locks up and take off from there.<p>
Putting it in neutral and dropping it into drive is the stupidest ****ing thing anyone could do.

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”