just got home from a track.... feel horrible

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
dam2009

just got home from a track.... feel horrible

Post by dam2009 »

ok I just got home from a local truck.! I had 3 races 1st. vs civic ex which I won 2nd vs accent, no problems with that and the last one (unfortunatelly) vs Z22 I was pretty sure I can beat him after seeing that the civic guy weatp his a-- bad!! anyways after an excellent launch my clutch start slipping big time !!I shifter second gear at 6000 and it stayed at 6500 for about 3-4 seconds! I feel horrible... of cours I lost big time .... after the race the girl(yeah!!) comes to me and says "why did you step on the brake?" anyways... just though I crie out in here...
Shadow_Mx-3

Re: just got home from a track.... feel horrible

Post by Shadow_Mx-3 »

Do you have timeslips of your 3 runs ?<P>Just out of curiosity.
Jean-François
Now Mazda MP3 2001 Owner
The MX-3 is sold !
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

no I don't .... . just a little addition.... my car wont go on the 1st gear now.
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

another one... Just found out that my gear oil is leaking, so that's why.....
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

Sounds like you destroyed your tranny. Ouch. Tough luck man, thats what a track can do to you. At least you can say you lost to a Z22 when you slammed your gears so hard you broke it.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

i doubt he destroyed the tranny. He killed the clutch for sure, and all the excess heat probably made some gear oil boil over, but thats what its supposed to do.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
dam2009

Post by dam2009 »

I didn't kill the tranny, clutch it's fine ... the problem was low gear fluid level so dont worry about it "protege i know everything!" ... ok?!
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dam2009:<BR><STRONG>I didn't kill the tranny, clutch it's fine ... the problem was low gear fluid level so dont worry about it "protege i know everything!" ... ok?!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Amen - this protege guy is an idiot. He just logs in so he can say "turbo's are universal... its a manifold you need"<P>And fyi dillsnick, turbo's aren't universal, they have different inlet outlet pipe sizes... you're gonna get facked if you try and pipe a 2.5 into a 2.<P>Take a course in turbomachinery before thinking corky bell has made you the master of turbo's.<P>Get over yourself.
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

LMAO!!!! :D :D
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dam2009:<BR><STRONG>I didn't kill the tranny, clutch it's fine ... the problem was low gear fluid level so dont worry about it "protege i know everything!" ... ok?!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ok, explain how low levels of gear fluid made it "sit at 6500 rpm for 3-4 seconds"
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Gun:<BR>[QB]<P>And fyi dillsnick, turbo's aren't universal, they have different inlet outlet pipe sizes... you're gonna get facked if you try and pipe a 2.5 into a 2.QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hmm, if my custom exhaust manifold can have any size outlet i want, and i have to run custom bent pipes anyway, what part of the turbo isnt universal...<P>Some would work better than others, and some ridiculous desiel turbo wouldnt fit under the hood, but within reason, where am i going wrong Mr. TurboMachineryClass?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

So by you two b----ing at each other makes you guys feel better? There are a million and one things that can go wrong with a car and a million and one reasons why, suggesting other ideas to what may have happened only gives you more information. s--- guys its just the internet!! Relax!!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Tman

Post by Tman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>Ok, explain how low levels of gear fluid made it "sit at 6500 rpm for 3-4 seconds"</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>He did mention that his clutch was slipping... and he responded with "my clutch is fine". Meaning that his clutch is not out...but it is still slipping so chill out.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tman:<BR><STRONG><BR>He did mention that his clutch was slipping... and he responded with "my clutch is fine". Meaning that his clutch is not out...but it is still slipping so chill out.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And you brought this post back to the top for <B>THAT?</B> :eek: [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Becker

Post by Becker »

THAT'S IT....Shake hand and say ur sorry, both of u, i can wait here all day. :D
94 V6 GS Teal
I'm Not C0CKY....Just Perfect

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”